Chapter 26

A/N
Triplets at the top ⬆️

Chapter 26

       It had been almost a whole day that Laken had been asleep. The doctor said it took quite a toll on both her and her wolf. I had stayed by her then moment the doctors had let me back in.

       They originally put me out because my wolf and I saw her pass out like she did, let's just say my out burst wasn't very pretty. The nurses would bring in two of the pups, but only them considering our other was in PICU. I didn't really know what to do without Laken. I felt like a bad father not going to see the younger baby, but I just couldn't leave her. I mean what if she woke up?

"You look rough baby daddy."

I didn't believe it at first but when I looked at here she was smirking at me with tired eyes.

I grinned "You try a mirror baby momma!" I say back with a wink.

Rolling her eyes she groaned, "So where are my babies? I haven't even got to see them! Are they okay? Healthy? You didn't name them did you?"

"Slow down Laken. One question at a time Hun. Let me go get a nurse or doctor to see if you can see them yet."

"No Austin, I'm fine I've been asleep for what a few hours now! Please if they try to say no then then you can use your alpha mojo! Just please I wanna see my babies, I want to hold them!" She begged, becoming upset as a few tears fell.

So obviously, like any other man in dire need to please his mate, I cracked and helped her into the wheelchair; which of course the nurse protested too. It seemed like hours before we made it to the nursery; and there in the very front was our first two pups sound asleep.

"Austin, there's only two. Where is my other baby!" Laken asked becoming frantic again.

" Hey, love, he's fine. He had to be put in the PICU, considering he's a bit smaller than the other two." I said massaging her shoulders as Laken sighed.

"I wanted to see them all together though. I feel as if I'm a bad mother or something. Please tell me you've seen him!"

"Just once.. I felt like a bad mate leaving you, and a bad father leaving any of them." I said sadly looking back towards the nursery once more before the elevator closed.

The path from the nursery to the PICU being all to familiar to me.

" I really wanted to hold them. Did you get to?" Laken asked, leaning her head back to look at me.

"Yeah, our little alpha is a whopper.. I'm not sure how you managed him."

Laken bursted into a fit of giggles, causing me to smile.

"That's that bigger kick I was always feeling hm?"

"I guess so. You know what, I think they all look like you. They could questionably even be mine." I say sarcastically, as the doors open.

"Whatever, take me to see my Jace."

"You picked the names! Tell me!"

"Well I want name our boys, Heath Jensen and Jace William; and Liberty Alice as our little girl. Do you like them?" Laken asked me, wringing her hands nervously.

"Lake! I love those names. Here we are. I asked them to put him in a separate room."

She took a deep breath as I opened the door to roll her in. You could tell that he was going to be a calm baby. His eyes were open, looking around and touching his fingers.

Wheeling Laken up to the incubator, I took a seat in the chair beside her. Laken grabbed ahold of my hand, causing me to look over. She was crying softly, happy tears.

"That's our baby. He's so beautiful." She placed her hand against the plastic holding place, causing Jace to startle.

"Hi, baby! It's your mommy!" Laken said smiling brightly as Jace kicked happily.

So many emotions were running though me. In front of me was my mate, fiancé, mother of my children. I didn't realize I was crying until Laken wiped away a few of my tears.

"Why are you crying Austin? I thought the Navy was supposed to make you all big and bad?" She said teasingly.

Smiling I leaned in and kissed her. "You are the best thing that has ever, ever happened to me. I love you so much, and these babies of ours. You make me so happy." I kiss her again for good measure, because I really wanted her to know that.

Feeling a pair of eyes on us, I look over to see Jace staring at the both of us. "Hey buddy! When are you gonna get out of there? Your mommy wants to hold you."

We laugh as he smiles brightly at us, not paying attention to the fact he has a feeding tube in his nose. He seemed to be happy, and didn't mind it.

"Jace William Merriweather, I like it. I think it suits you bud. Your momma did an awesome job picking it out.", He smiled at us every time one of us would talk.

It didn't seem like an hour, but it was. The nurse came in and smiled, "Alpha, Luna congratulations." She said bowing.

"Thank you. Is he gonna be okay?" Laken asks quickly.

"Of course Luna. The doctor said he can come off his feeding tube tonight, and then be moved to the nursery. He made a very quick recovery."

We both smiled in relief.

"So does he have a name?" The nurse asks us.

"His name is Jace. Jace William Merriweather."

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Wow I have never taken this long to update. I hope you enjoy it!

-Sara