Chapter 1

Laken's POV

"Laken! How is it you beat me every time in chess?!" the Alpha yelled playfully.

"Oh I'm sorry! Is Alpha George a sore loser?!" I ask laughing.

He growls playfully and smiles,"Only when you beat me!"

Yes as you could gather I was friends with the Alpha, or in his eyes, the daughter he never had.

We first started bonding after an embarrassing incident. I was practicing my gymnastics when I kicked the alpha- in the face! He only laughed when I started crying and apologizing.

He said I was fine and that he enjoyed my performance. That night he invited me and my family over for dinner. Since then we had been best buddies, even if he was like 41.

He only had one son, whose name was Austin. Alpha George had sent him off to the human navy. That was before me and my family got here three years ago.

My family and I, and everyone else in our pack, moved to this pack after our alpha died. We were sad about our alpha's death, but were excited to be excepted in to such a strong pack.

So I should probably describe my self. My hair is naturally black, and it has purple and blue streaks in it. I have brown eyes and really long eyelashes.

I'm 5'6, about average. I'm 18 years old and everyone knows I am an alternative girl. I listen to Good Charlotte, Green Day, All Time Low, Nirvana, and so many other bands. Every guy, for some weird reason, wants to get with me, Though it's probably because I'm a virgin.

Anyway back to the story. Austin, the future alpha , was to be coming back in two weeks and everyone was excited. There was even a party to be held for his homecoming.

The whole pack knew he was a total player and that's why his dad sent him to the navy. All the girls that had slept with him all fought over who was his mate.

No one really knew considering he was 17, about to be 18. He was now 21 and since he had gone all over the world searching for his mate while he was in the navy, his mate was most likely here. I hoped it wasn't me. I wanted my mate to be like me, a virgin. For all I knew he could have a few kids and an STD.

"It's time for me to go. Mom wants me to come help with dinner." I say starting to pack up the game.

"Don't worry I'll get it Laken. Tomorrow we are having a rematch."

I laugh and hug him.

"Bye Alpha!"

"Bye!"

I walk out the door and run down the stairs. On the way down I say 'hi' to a few people. I was kinda popular in the pack. They all thought I made the best lemonade, and cupcakes for our weekend cookouts. Besides that I ran a lot of the Alpha's errands for him.

Making my way through tiny neighborhood like town, I finally spot my house and sprint towards it. Turning the brass knob, I burst into the house.

"Mom! I'm home, can I help with dinner or is it just tea I'm making?" I tell into the house.

"Just tea sweetheart, though you can make potato salad if you want." my mom yells back.

I walk into the kitchen and find my mom cooking. My mom was beautiful; it was undeniable. She had black hair, like me, brown eyes, and dimples. I wish I had dimples, but of course you don't always get what you want.

Making my way to the pantry, I grabbed my apron which I got from Vera Bradley. My aunt Melanie got it for me for my birthday two years ago, since she knew I loved to cook. I grab the tea and potatoes and made my way to the counter to start my cooking process.

A short while later, the creamy potato salad was finished and the sweet tea was brewed to perfection.

"So is Marianna-Jay or Kassy coming over for dinner tonight? We have enough for all of us." My mom says still storing the gravy.

Our traditional Friday night meal was hamburger steak and gravy, potato salad, corn-on-cob, and bread. We always had to sweet tea or lemonade to accompany it as well. That's why Friday was my favorite day of the week.

"Yeah probably." I reply.

Marianna-Jay and Kassy were my best friends. Marianna-Jay was the crazy one; she had light pink hair and piercings. Her makeup wasps always dark and thick, and she didn't look goth with it she actually looked beautiful.

Kassy had red hair and greenish eyes. She was the funny yet laid back one of the group. She always wore skinny jeans and an off the shoulder shirt, unless it was summer. In the summer she almost always wore booty shorts and crop tops.

We were best friends and nothing could separate us. We had been there for each other through everything. They were there when I got my hair streaked and my belly button pierced.

I mind link Marianna-Jay and Kassy, "dinner at my house?".

"Yeah!" they reply immediately.

Setting the food on the table, I run up stairs and change. I slide on my skinny jeans and my black off the shoulder top. I'm ready just as the door bell rings so I run down stairs and answer it.

There they were they cray cray duo. Marianna-Jay in all here pink glory, and Kassy in her comfortable clothes. I laughed at that thought and invited them in.

"Hey girl. Smells amazing." Kassy says plopping herself on my couch.

"Yeah is that my fav Mrs. Clarks?" Marianna-Jay yells to my mom.

"Of course it is! What kinda mom would I be if I didn't fix your favorite? Crazy kid!" she yells back.

My mom loved my friends, especially Marianna-Jay and Kassy. She was like another mom to all the pack kids.

Then my brother Nate came down stairs. He must have been in our in home gym because he was a little sweaty. Nate is 20, and like most unmated wolves, he stays with us until he finds his mate.

You can find your mate when you turn 18, which I am turning tomorrow. Kassy is turning 18 next week, the day after the welcome home party for alpha Austin. Marianna-Jay turned 18 last month and still hasn't found her mate. Though he is probably in another pack.

He smirked at Marianna-Jay and Kassy. They both kinda hated him. Kassy didn't like him because he was always mean to her and Marianna-Jay.

"Hello ladies, what a pleasure it is to have you here to night. Looking good as always Kassy." he says with a wink.

Kassy rolls her eyes and looks away from him. I swear I wouldn't be surprised if you told me they were mates.They were always fighting, but sometimes when they didn't put their block up I would hear them thinking about each other.

"Alright you guys, it's time to eat." my mom yelled.

"What dad isn't joining us?" Nate asks.

"No, he's on patrol. They are doing extra and longer shifts for some reasons. No one knows why though." She reply, setting the last of the plate on the table.

We all load up our plates and dig in. Tonight Kassy and Marianna-Jay are staying over for movie night. Scary movie 3 here we come!

SO THIS WAS ALL DONE ON MY BROKEN PHONE LOL VERY LONG.

ALRIGHT SO MARIANNA-JAY IS DEDICATED TO MY BEST FRIEND, WHO IS ALSO A WATTPAD USER, MAKINGSENSE. FOLLOW HER!!

KASSY IS DEDICATED TO-WELL MY FRIEND KASSY LOL.

LOVE,

-Sara