Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY!" Kassy screams at me.

I knew she was angry but hey could you blame me I had horrible mate problems and on top of that I had a pretty bad heat spell. She should be happy I bothered to leave our room.

"Kassy I'm sorry okay! My heat was horrible and Austin and I were having problems." I say sadly.

She huffs before she uncrossed her arms and hugged me,"Its okay, it's just you have never missed my birthday before and I felt bad."

"I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you! Girl's night tonight?" I ask excitedly.

"Yes!"

We both squeal and hug.

"Wait who is your mate?" I ask happily.

Kassy blushes,"Like you don't know."

"Nate?" I ask.

She nods smiling.

"We are practically sisters now!"

We giggle and hug again.

"Wait, we need Mariana-Jay in on this too!"

"Yes! She has been missing you a lot too!"

"Where is she?"

"She seems to have found a new boy toy, but he isn't her mate." Kassy says rolling her eyes.

"Ugh he is going to be pissed when he finds her Huh?"

Again we laugh and start walking towards my parents house.

"So what are your plans with Nate?"

"Oh I don't know. I mean, you know me I've always kind of wanted to start a family right away, but I'm not sure about Nate. He seems over whelm and shy or something. I've tried talking to him but.. I just don't know."

"Well maybe he is over whelmed, like you said, I mean he did get the girl of his dreams, and it's all hitting him at once."

"Oh no! Do you think I have pushed him to far? Oh gosh he probably doesn't even want kids!" Kassy says as she starts freaking out.

"Kassy shut up. You haven't pushed him I can assure you. Knowing Nate he has been wanting to get you in bed, mate or not, for years. Just be glad that you won't have such a bad heat in a few weeks."

"Oh yeah how did that go for you?" She asks raising an eyebrow.

"Like hell! He wouldn't mate me. He denied me over and over again, until finally I did the unthinkable and he broke." I say annoyed still.

"What's the unthinkable?"

"You know what it is." I say giving her a look that said 'You know.'

She gasped, then started giggling uncontrollably.

"You-you- aha that's so funny. Oh but you can't blame him he wanted it to be special." she says the last part through tears.

"Special my @ss! I went through all that pain, when it could have been over and done with in a second."

"That quick Huh?" Kassy says smirking.

I roll my eyes as we step onto my parents driveway. Before I knew it I was tackled to the ground by my mom.

"Laken! Where have you been? How dare you not call your mother for weeks? We were worried sick about you; and your mated?!"

"Ugh! Mom I'm sorry okay! You know how it is to be a mate! I mean come on, give me a break, old woman." I say jokingly.

"Old woman my butt. I've still got it, just ask your old man."

"Mom! Ew!"

"She's right though she does." my dad says from the door.

I run to him as quickly as possible, because I felt like I haven't seen him in forever. He never came home that night or anything.

Speaking of that night, the night of my birthday, I didn't even hear from him. I wonder why..

"Dad you missed my birthday." I said pouting.

"I know sweetheart, but your birthday was like a month ago." he says kissing my forehead.

"Doesn't cut it old man."

He scoffs and shakes his head amused,"Sure okay whatever you say."

"I know right?" Kassy says "always in control Laken.

I stick my tongue out at the both of them before running past them and into the house.

"Oh Nate! Come out, come out wherever you are!" I yell out into the house.

"Laken?" Nate asks exclaimed, as he runs down the stairs.

As always he was sweaty from the gym but that didn't stop him from hugging me.

"I see you've been working out again."

He laughs,"Well I have to stay in shape for this tiger." he says nodding towards Kassy, winking at her.

"Whatever jerk." she mumbles blushing.

I laugh at their playful banter, before my parents ask the question I was dreading.

"So am I to expect and grand babies soon?" My mom asks hopefully, making my dad growl.

"Um about that. Austin and I aren't so sure I can have kids.."

It was if some one had pressed the mute button or pause. My family just sat still staring at me.

"I-I'm sorry what?"

"Well since we were attacked in our last pack they said the women were given stuff that made them become infertile and there wasn't a vaccine or anything soo."

"So that explains why you and dad couldn't have another kid Huh?" Nate asks.

My mom shrugs before sighing,"It makes sense, considering they spray stuff on just us females."

My dad sighs and rubs his forehead,"Im sorry sweetheart. I know it's hard, your mother and I wanted another child but when we found out we couldn't the both of us were devastated. We still are."

My dad looked really sad and so did I. We were all sad in fact. I'm jut glad that Kassy would get the chance to give Nate kids.

It was if they had heard me or something because Kassy and Nate looked at each other lovingly before sharing a sweet kiss. They looked so happy, and I was beyond happy for them.

"I just wanted to tell you that. To be sure Austin and I are going to a werewolf doctor in the city, next week."

"Good maybe then they can find something out."

I smile and nod, "I was wondering if you all wanted to have dinner together? I haven't talked to Austin yet but I was thinking Friday night?"

"Yes that sounds lovely what would yo-"

I interrupt my mother as she begins to ask me what I wanted,"No I'm cooking this time mom. I really want to, and you all can come to the pack house."

"That sounds great." Nate says throwing an arm around Kassy's shoulder.

"Oh yeah and you have to invite Marianna Jay as well." Kassy adds.

I smile,"Dinner at the pack house Friday alright."

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Okay I am aware that this is a crapy chapter but I wrote it in like a day, and I have some bad family issues going on. but anyway hope you enjoyed.

-Sara