Chapter 9

ELSA P.O.V. MARATHON!

I finish my shower then walk into my closet. Jack and I went shopping last night since Aster gave us platinum cards,and we barely had anything decent to wear.

I put on a black T-shirt with red leggings, combat boot,and a red plaid scarf. I braid my hair in a messy side braid then go to wake up Jack.

After about 5 minutes of relentlessly shaking him,he finally wakes up. "Aster called and said to be ready in half an hour. First day of recording." I whisper. Jack nods then gets up,and unexpectedly kisses me on the cheek.

I'm pretty sure my face is a red as a baboon's butt right now. I have the feeling where I want to slap him,but then at the same time return the favor. Instead I just turn away and walk downstairs.

I look in the fridge, which oddly was already stocked,so I just grabbed milk,bananas, and strawberries, threw them in the blender,and made smoothies for Jack and I.

I drank mine at the counter,and a few minutes later Jack came down in a white shirt,leather jacket,gray jeans,and converse.

"Made you a smoothie." I say,handing him the glass.

"Thanks Snowflake." he says while taking a sip.

"Snowflake, really Frostbutt?" I ask while smiling.

"Frostbutt?"

"Fine. We can call each other that but not in public."

"Fine. So,do you have a song ready for today?" he asks,setting his empty cup down.

"Yeah,but its an old one."

"Well,that makes it all the more better." he says,giving me a quick hug.

"Jack?" I ask.

"Hm?"

"You know we never agreed to date again."

"That takes away the privilege of hugging you? I thought best friends could hug."

"Whatever. It's just,I don't want to get heart broken again. You already see what that did." I reply,showing him my wrist with a total of eight scars on it.

"If you just let me in,youd see that I have changed. I'm not the old Jack who was a jerk and went out with your best friend behind your back. I'm not the playboy from high school. I'm not the same Jack." he says,looking down at me as I look away.

The thing is,I can't let him in. He thinks I'm better,they all do. But I'm really just as broken and depressed as before. If I let him in,he will see the truth that I have tried so hard to hide.

"Then what are you,Jack?" I whisper as tears fill my eyes. Why am I crying?

"I'm the one that feel in love when I first saw you. The one that fought with myself just to let you in. The one that was stupid for even talking to Rap." he says the last part quietly.

A horn honks outside and the intercom system turns on. "Ms.Winters, I am here to take you to Guardian Records." a male voice says.

"We have to go Jack." I mutter,pulling my wrist from his grip but still not looking at him.

I grab my bag and walk outside with Jack trailing close behind. Apparently, Aster has a lot of money,because right in front of us sits a limo. But then again,I shouldn't be to surprised.

Jack and I get in and I try to put as much distance as possible between us. I still like him,maybe even love him. But I can't let him in all over again. I brought him with me because I trust him,because I love him,not because I want to have a relationship.

But then again,sometimes things take turns for the worst.

In about five minutes, we pull up to a office building. We enter,and a girl with brightly multicolored hair sits at a giant desk.

"Hello! And you are?"she asks in a cherry voice.

"Elsa Winters and Jack Frost." I reply.

"Oh yes,Bunny is expecting you." she says.

"Bunny?"

"Oh,it's the company nickname. I'm Tooth,short for Toothiana." she explains.

"Oh."

"Room 318." she says,motioning to an elevator. We get in,I press the third floor button,and we start to go up.

"Are you okay,Els?" Jack asks when we get out.

"Yeah, just, pressure." I say in a unsure tone. We find room 318 and walk in. Aster stands over a soundboard.

"Ah,Elsa. So,do you have a song for today?" he asks as Jack takes a seat on a stool.

"Yeah. It's a old one,but I think it's good." I shrug.

"Okay,so if we have to we'll add some editing. Tonight,I'll add the music and tomorrow,it will be up on five of the biggest radio stations in the world!" Aster says excitedly. Jack just stares blankly.

"Okay. Cool." I reply. I enter the sound booth and check up on everything. As soon as Aster gives me a thumbs up,I start singing.

(Song used:Halo by Beyonce)

Remember those walls I built
Well baby they tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make a sound

Found a way to let you in
But I never really had a doubt
Standing in the light of your halo
I got my angel now

It's like I've been awakened
All those rules I had you breaking
It's the risk that I'm taking
I ain't ever gonna shut you out

Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can see your halo
You know your my saving grace
Your everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby I can see your halo
Pray it won't fade away

I can see your halo (halo) halo!
I can feel your halo (halo) halo!
I can see your halo (halo) halo!
I can feel your halo (halo) halo!
Oh!

Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
Your the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

It's like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breaking
It's the risk that I'm taking
I ain't ever gonna shut you out

Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can feel your halo
You know your my saving grace
Your everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby I can see your halo
Pray it won't fade away

I can see your halo (halo) halo!
I can feel your halo (halo) halo!
I can see your halo (halo) halo!
I can feel your halo (halo) halo!
(x2)

A/N:Well,it took 3 1/2 days of frustration (and a few tears shed) but I finally was able to update!

Oh,and we got 128 veiws in only two weeks! WHAT!? I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!

~Angel