Chapter 21

I spin around when someone calls my name. "Okay,so basically for the first verse, your just gonna lean against this wall and sing it." Aster says.

We're doing my first music video ever,even though I released an album before. And of course,it had to be this song.

I walk over and lean against the concrete wall. They play the beat,and I sing my verse,occasionally looking at the wall,trying to see Jack on the other side.

We both do the next verse,and then they tell us we're doing the chorus the next day. Overall, what we shot that day ended up really good.

I start to walk across the city back to my house,but someone stops me once I get out of the parking garage we were filming in.

I spin around and see Jack. I try to keep walking,but he stops again. "Elsa, wait!" he yells. I sigh and stop.

"Thank you." he mutters sarcastically when he catches up.

"What do you want? Last time I heard you were pissed at me." I say.

"I was......uh......I was just gonna ask for the keys to the Camero." he sighs.

I toss them to him,and we walk silently side by side back to the house. When we get there,I walk up to my office without Jack. I close the door behind me,and let out a sigh before tears flood my eyes.

Why? The same question keeps coming back. Why? Why did I let Alex do this? Why did Jack find out? Why can't Jack let it go and come back? Why am I such a failure?

I fall down to the ground, tears spilling out of my eyes. I wish there was a way out of this,to leave all my problems behind. To forget everything. To not feel.

I then think,there is a way out of this. I push myself off of the ground and walk over to my desk opening the drawer. My fingers wrap around the cold handle of my friend who has always been there for me. My friend,the knife.

I pick it up,and cut myself without a second thought. Ten times on my left arm,seven on my thigh,and three on my stomach.

They bleed,but I dont feel anything. I slide down the wall again,the blood leaking out onto the floor.

And soon,I get my wish. I don't feel anything. Because everything. Goes.

Black.