two - addicted *

Sorry for not updating for 2+ weeks. Hopefully this makes up for it <3

I WAS EXHAUSTED. Although I hadn't done much with my day, apart from the morning brunch at my parents and the train ride back home, I was exhausted. The stress I had gone through was slowly starting to weight me down, to a point where lifting the fork to my mouth became a task in itself.

I was distracted, my mind elsewhere as an old episode of Grey's Anatomy played on my television. All I could see were blurred images and all I could hear were muted voices. I thought about my mom and my dad, I thought about Harry and I when we were younger, I thought about the endless playdates in the park and I thought about that one night with Harry before everything became so d.amn complicated.

"Em?"

My eyes lifted from the television and landed on Harry who looked at me. His head was inclined and a playful smile played on his lips. "I've been talking to you for the past 5 minutes," he said, his tone amused. "Have you heard a single word I've said?"

I shook my head and blink a couple of times to clear my mind. "What?"

Harry laughed softly before putting his plate down on the coffee table in front of us. "What's happening with you?" He asked as he scooted closer to me.

I let out a loud sigh and freed my hand by putting down my plate as well before leaning in into Harry's embrace. His arms circled my shoulders and rubbed my arm in hope that it would comfort me. His lips landed on the top of my head and I expected him to say something. Instead he stayed silent, waiting for me to talk next.

"I guess I'm just tired," I mumbled before sitting straight up and turning to face him. "Do you mind if I go to bed?"

He frowned and looked at his phone to see the time. "At eight thirty in the evening?"

I nodded. "I'm just really tired."

Once again, Harry observed me, wondering if there was more to what I was saying. I kept my face impassive, trying to keep what was eating at me from him. Eventually, a shy smile broke onto his lips and he picked up the empty plates.

"Alright then, let's go to bed," he said strangely enthusiastic. I reached for the dirty plates so that I could go and wash them, but Harry pulled them away from my reach. "I got this, go get ready for bed."

I looked at him, surprised. Somehow he found small ways to surprise me. It was so unusual for him to be so helpful but I truly appreciated the attention. So before I went to the bathroom to get ready, I sneaked a quick kiss and a thank you and I swore I saw him blush, which left me with a satisfied smile.

I headed directly into the bathroom to do my usual bedtime routine. I washed my face, brushed my hair and as I was about to finish brushing my teeth, Harry sneaked in the bathroom.

At first, he stood next to me and didn't say a word, waiting patiently. I rolled my eyes but tried to ignore him as best as I could and continued to brush my teeth. Eventually he grew tired of waiting and moved behind me. I froze and my eyes followed his movement, anticipating the next ones. His face displayed innocence, but I knew better, I knew Harry, and there was nothing innocent going on in his head.

I sighed, spit in the sink and rinsed my toothbrush. Once I was stood straight, I looked up and met his eyes in the mirror. A smile slowly appeared across his lips while his hands reached for my hips. I stayed still, somehow anxious about what was about to happen.

What was coming was clear to me, and although I wanted it, wanted it more than anything, I couldn't help but to feel guilty for ignoring the outside world for a night. I felt guilty because deserved to know that I knew. However, as Harry leaned forward and started kiss his way up my neck, the guilt gradually eased away and the sickening thoughts dissipated.