thirty-three - concealer

Me when I update after a month

Remember when I said this chapter was going to be Gemma's wedding. Well, I lied. I wanted to, but I was already a month late and could take more time to update. So this isn't the wedding chapter, but it's still good (I think). Anyways, enjoy ! 

.
.
.

When I woke up a few hours later, I felt as if a truck had run over me. My whole body hurt, which was obviously because I hadn't gotten much sleep last night. I had a slight headache, my shoulders were tense and every movement I made sent an aching through my whole body. If I felt like this with only the lack of sleep, I couldn't imagine how Harry would feel when he would wake up.

It was hard night for him and somehow I feel like I got lucky, in the sense that Harry was drunk, but he didn't scream at me, he didn't say hurtful things, even though I kind of expected it. I had gotten to him at the perfect moment, or at least, as perfect as it could be. One thing that I knew for sure was that last night told me a lot about what was going to happen today.

Obviously, it was going to be hard for Harry, that meant that one way or another, it was going to be hard for me too. What Harry felt, I felt. I had tried to get ready for this day, get my head in the game and try to be as strong as possible for him today, but now I felt a little nervous too, more than I had been in the past few weeks.

I knew I couldn't think that way, it was selfish of me think about own insecurities when it was going to be much worst for Harry. So instead of dwelling on how stressed I was, I tried to stretch out my arms and legs as subtly as possible in the hopes that Harry wouldn't wake up quite yet. We still had a few hours before we had to leave, there was no rush and it gave me the time I needed so that I could face the day to come.

However, with every move I made, Harry grunted softly or would hold me a little tighter. I couldn't see how I could get out of bed without waking him up. Therefore, instead of getting out of bed, I softly ran my fingers through Harry's hair, enjoying this moment of peace and quiet and hoping that somehow, even in his slumber, he could feel how much I loved him.

I allowed myself to waste half an hour before I actually had to get up and get ready. I didn't want to wake him up just yet, knowing that he could get ready in under half an hour. I wanted to let him sleep as much as I could, but I, on the other hand, needed a little more time to get ready.

Getting out from under Harry was a little awkward. I wiggled out, stretched out and slide out, all of that while trying to avoid waking him up. Apparently it worked, because I was out of bed and Harry was still sound asleep. He did reach for my side of the bed, but to compensate I gave him my pillow to cuddle with and that seemed to do it. I bent down to kiss his forehead before heading into the bathroom to take a shower.

I had just gotten to rinsing the conditioner out of my hair when Harry joined me in the shower with sleepy eyes.

"Good morning," I greeted him, turning around and shaking my hair under the water.