thirty-eight - question

*Just a reminder that this is the last chapter of this book. Hope you enjoy it !*

I NEVER TRULY considered myself to be a lucky person. It's not that I had had bad luck all my life, but I just wasn't particularly lucky. I had a normal life, full of normal events, nothing tragic, but nothing extraordinary either.

I had gone through life just as anyone would. I was a good kid, I went to school, I had good grades and found a job that paid relatively well when I decided to take a year off Uni. None of these things were out of the ordinary, a lot of people had followed the same path. For a while, I did feel like I was no other than ordinary, that I wasn't unlucky but I wasn't lucky either.

Then Harry and I started dating and it was like my whole world was turned upside down. Before, I thought that I had everything in control, again nothing extraordinary never really happened to me, but being with Harry did open my eyes to a lot of things. It made me think about what I wanted in life, it made me realize how lucky I actually had been, it made me appreciate what I had and made me stand up for myself. I used to let people walk all over me, even Harry did a few times in the past, but that wasn't the case anymore. I considered myself stronger, more confident and part of it was because of Harry, but also some of it was because I was growing up.

So now, as we danced in the middle of the crowd at Gemma's wedding, I was thankful. Thankful for the life that I had now, thankful that Harry and I were together and thankful to know that Harry was growing and starting to accept himself as he was. It came to a point where I was confident that him and I would last. We still had so many firsts together, so many adventures and I was excited to live them all with him.

Right in that moment, as we were dancing at the wedding, it was exactly the kind of moments that I wanted with Harry forever.

We had never really danced together, or at least we had never danced that way. It was just us, our body as close as they could be, my head resting on his shoulder and his lips pressed on top of my head. We had all our clothes on and it felt just as intimate as it did earlier when we were naked in the car.

I don't even know what song we were dancing to in that moment, but I was pretty sure that it was my favorite song in the world. But so was the song that we danced to before that one, and the one before that.

In all honestly, I was certain that this was a turning point in our relationship, that from now on we were heading towards a bright future together. I don't know what it was, because the evening hadn't been as filled as I had expected it to be. Coming here, I was expecting a fight, tears, loss of control... but none of those really happen. Yes, Harry had gotten mad, but he quickly recovered and barely let it out on me. I had an encounter with his father, but Harry didn't talk to his parents at all. I thought that it would bother me, but it didn't. I knew for a fact that Harry was making a lot of efforts, just by being at the wedding. He wasn't ready to face them and that was fine.

I didn't think that he absolutely had to, anymore. I believed that we could move on from this, without having to face his parents. He could find his way on his own, he was strong enough now.

"You're thinking," Harry whispered in my ear as we kept dancing. "So much that it's almost loud enough for me to hear."

I chuckled and looked up. He was smiling softly, his dimples showing. "I was thinking about you," I admitted before cuddling into him a little more.

That definitely made him curious. "Me? What about me?"

"I'm just really proud of you," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Really?" He frowned as if he couldn't possibly understand why I was proud of him.

I rolled my eyes, because that was so him. No matter how strong I believed he was now, there was no denying that he was still a little insecure. "As if I hadn't told you that before," I replied as I shook my head from side to side. "I just think that you're incredible and that I'm lucky to have you. You've changed a lot in the past few months and I believe it's for the best."