nineteen - cereals

SOMETHING HAD CHANGED during the night. Harry and I, we felt closer, stronger, and I knew it had something to do with everything that had happened in the last 24 hours. It was crazy to think that so much had happened in so little time and that it had had such an important impact on our relationship. Lately, Harry and I had been moving forward, barely had any setback, and it was nice to finally catch a break. I had to admit that I hadn't expected it. I had gotten so used to fighting to get Harry to open up to me, now he did it all on his own.

Harry seemed more at ease with me, didn't put a wall like he used to, and as much as I appreciated it, I couldn't help but fear the moment when Harry would go back to his old habits. I knew for a fact that now that I knew what it was to be so close to him, when he would close himself off, it would hurt more than it ever had before.

But I didn't want to think that way, not anymore, not when things were so good between us, so I let it go and enjoyed the present instead of worrying about the future.

Harry and I woke up when his alarm went off. While Harry grunted and reached for his phone to silence it, I sighed, moved off of Harry and buried my face in the pillow, refusing to accept that it was time to get up. The night had appeared to be too short and the amount of sleep I had didn't seem enough for me to function properly.

However, as I felt Harry's lips on my shoulder, my day brightened up a little. A mix between a grunt and a moan left my lips as he moved along my shoulder then down my spine. He stopped in the middle of my back before letting his body fall on top of mine.

"Good morning to you too," I mumbled, my face still hidden in the pillow.

He kissed my spine soundly before he chuckled softly, his breath fanning over my skin. "Morning," he replied with his raspy morning voice before coming up to kiss my cheek.

He laid his whole body on mine and pressed his cheek against mine. I groaned, annoyed that sleep definitely wasn't an option anymore. But that feeling eased once Harry's arms managed to encircle me. The position felt weirdly intimate; both of us laying naked and close as can be. Harry and I had done things that could be considered much more intimate than this, but to me it didn't compare and it only strengthened the belief that Harry and I's relationship was stronger.

After staying in that position for a few minutes, Harry took in a deep breath and stretched his arms and legs before rolling off of me. I hadn't realized how heavy he was until it instantly became easier to breathe.

"I almost died from suffocation," I teased as I turned my head to look at him.

He rolled his eyes but a small smile appeared on his lips. "You would've died happy."

"I would've," I agreed.

This time, Harry didn't try to hide his smile. His dimpled were displayed in all of their beauty and I sighed happily before puckering my lips. Harry understood my message and leaned in to press his lips against mine. I then hummed in satisfaction and stretched.

"Why are we up so early?" I whined. Even if our naked embrace had lifted my mood a little, it didn't change the fact that I was unhappy with how early we had woken up.

Harry sat up "I have to work," he explained apologetically before getting out of bed and gathering a pair of pant. "I'll start some coffee?" He asked.

I sighed and nodded. He kissed the top of my head and headed out of the room. I took a few seconds to find the courage to get out of bed. I didn't really have anything planned that day, I could've probably stayed in bed a little longer and just lock the door on my way out, but the thought of spending my morning with Harry was much more appealing. So I got out a bed, searched for something to wear and opted for one of Harry's shirt and a clean pair of boxers. Thankfully Harry lived alone and so I could walk around dressed like this. It was the perks of working jobs that paid well.