twenty-eight - countdown

Four days to the wedding

Harry and I rarely went shopping. Together or apart. It wasn't something that either of us we particularly liked, especially shopping for clothes. I liked going to vintage stores and I liked looking for unique bits and bobs that could spice up my décor, but clothes were pretty much at the bottom of my list.

I didn't like shopping for clothes, I didn't like shopping for dresses and most of all, I didn't like shopping last minute, and to me four days before was last minute.

But I had to admit that seeing Harry trying on suits did make my experience a little better. The Harry that I knew dressed up in worn-out jeans and simple t-shirt, so it was definitely a nice change to see him clean up a little bit. I liked Harry's style. He somehow managed to make a simple outfit look incredibly sexy, but the suit gave him a whole other look that I was quite enjoying.

"I f.ucking hate shopping," Harry mumbled as we walked in the mall, going from shop to shop.

I laughed softly and leaned into him. "Just a few more stores, if we're lucky, we'll find exactly what we need in the next one we go in," I tried to encourage him although I was just as worn-out as he was.

"You said that before," he reminded me, rolling his eyes.

"Just being optimistic," I countered with a smile.

He mirrored my expression. "That, you are," he admitted, fondly.

Turns out that I was wrong. The next shop we entered didn't end up being the one where we found what we were looking for. It was much harder than I thought to find a suit and a dress that fit us at a reasonable price. Harry was being difficult, but I was simply not finding anything that would fit me right and in my budget.

I had large shoulders and a large waistline, which meant that most tight fitting dresses weren't right for me. But on the tenth store that we visited, at last, I found the perfect dress. I knew that it was perfect, because when I came out with the dress on to show it to Harry, he got up so quickly, he nearly knocked over a girl that was walking by him.

He barely bothered to apologized to her and then his eyes were back on me. The way he looked at me, it got me blushing, reminded me of the look he had given me the first time I had heard the three infamous words coming out of his mouth.

"You like it?" I asked, although I knew the answer already.

"F.uck yes," he replied, eyeing my body from head to toe before looking straight into my eyes.

He had seen me in more than twenty different dresses that day, and he ended up liking a champagne deep v neck dress with spaghetti straps that flowed to the floor and show my left leg through a side split. I had to admit that with my wild, untamed hair tossed to the side, I looked quite good and the dress somehow emphasized my breasts. Harry's reaction was justified and I was glad that he liked that one, because the more I looked at myself in it, the more I loved it.

"You look f.ucking gorgeous in this dress," he complimented as he walked towards me to get a closer look.

He put one hand on my waist and made me turn so that he could get a better look at me. He positioned me so that I was facing the mirror and my back was to him, then he pressed himself against me and rested his chin on my shoulder. He admired our reflection in the mirror and seem thoughtful for a minute.

"F.ucking gorgeous," he repeated before pressing a quick kiss against my neck.

I put my hand over his and leaned my head against his. "You're a lucky guy," I teased. "If I wasn't dating you, I'd date myself."

That had him laughing. "I'm lucky, indeed," he held me a little tighter. "And to think that I almost let you get away. That would've been the biggest mistake of my life."

"It would've," I decided to say jokingly in order to keep the conversation light.

I turned around and threw my arms around Harry's neck before standing on the tip of my toes to press my lips against his. The kiss was brief, but said what it had to say.

"So this is the dress?" I asked as we both pulled away and looked down at the dress.

Harry nodded. "This is the dress," he agreed before kissing my forehead. "Now take it off before I rip it off of you."

"You wouldn't," I laughed, pushing him out of the fitting room.

"Try me," he challenged with a wink.

I closed the door and leaned my back against it. My heart was beating a little faster and my cheeks and chest were turning bright red. It seemed like I would never get used to him and his flirty habits.

When I got out, Harry was waiting for me with one hand in his pocket and the other holding his phone. I twirled around, showing him my normal clothes. "Do I still look gorgeous?" I asked, giggling.

"Always," he assured me before taking my hand in his.

"Good answer," I said, bringing his hand up to my mouth and pressing my lips against it. "Now, let's find you something."

He grunted, loudly. "It's only downhill from here," he complained.

We ended up going back to the second store we had been to that day. Now that we knew what I was wearing to the wedding, we found it a lot easier to find something for Harry. Not that we wanted to match our outfit or anything, but after finding one of the two things on our checklist, it didn't seem like an impossible task anymore.

For his outfit, we went for something simple: a black suit and a white shirt. Harry didn't want to wear a tie or a bow tie, and I had to admit that the button down look was working on him. He acted nonchalant and wanted to look nonchalant, but four days before the wedding, I could tell that he was nervous to attend it.

But at the end of the day, we had both found what we were going to wear and that was one weight off of our shoulders. 

.
.
.

After a month of not updating, I'm back ! To make up for it, I'm posting 3 chapters this week. The next one will be up on Thursday, then on Sunday. They're short, I'll admit, but it's better than nothing :)

Hopefully you enjoyed that chapter and still love me and this story. I'm sorry I was away for so long, a lot has been happening in my personal life and I couldn't find the time to write.

p.s.: The dress I imagine is like the dress that Selena Gomez wore at her 2014 AMA performance. I'll insert it below. I do not, however, imagine Emily as Selena. 

That's all for now :) See you Thursday !

Lots of love,
Karry xx.