Still A Touchy Topic

Okay so finally the school musical is over, so now I’ll have more time to make the quality of the chapters better. I hope you enjoy this! Picture of Blaine to the side, you'll all get to know him better soon! >>>

I thought Vee’s face was priceless when I told her about Colton, but Mark’s was ten times better. After his initial shock, he didn’t even know what to say. “He what?” He repeated, his eyes wide.

Vee had a look on her face that screamed sorry, but truthfully I thought the whole situation was funny. And not a lot of things were amusing to me.  Holding back a smile, I hooked my arm in Vee’s and pulled her the other way.

“Wait up Sutton you need to explain to me what she just said!” Mark demanded catching up to us in two large strides.

“Vee explained it pretty well.”

Marks hand clamped over my forearm. I stopped in my tracks, now becoming slightly annoyed. “Mark, I should probably get to class.”

“Well the sooner you tell me what the hell she’s talking about, I’ll let you get on with your day,” he said, trying to stay as calm as possible.

I could tell I was breaking his limit. Sighing, I pulled away from Vee and faced him. “Colton placed his lips onto mine. Is that better?”

Mark frowned. “I’m serious Sutton, and since when did you two even talk? I thought I told you to stay away from him.”

“It was before today, and we don’t, but even if we did, it would be none of your business.”

He clenched his fists together and sighed. “Melody told me to always watch out for you, that’s all I’m doing. Wouldn’t you want to follow through on something she asked you?”

Once again, my sister’s name made me feel completely uncomfortable. “Mark, this doesn’t have anything to do with her. So what, he kissed me, like I said it won’t be happening again. Drop it.”

Mark looked like he was about to say something else, but he pressed his lips together. I could tell by the irritated expression on his face that he still wasn’t done talking about the situation.

“He didn’t try to-“

“Oh my God drop it!” I shouted before slapping a hand over my mouth. My voice echoed through the hallways louder than I even thought possible.

Vee looked like she was about to crack up as I shoved Mark out of the way and walked towards the nearest classroom.

“Okay but if I find out that he did anything, I’m kicking his ass!” Mark shouted after us.

I laughed at the thought of Mark trying to take on Colton. All I could think was good luck with that.

**

Finally, the day ended with a ring of a bell and I was done being the freak show. Students seemed too eager to get out of school that they didn’t so much as glance at me on the way out.  After I retrieved everything I needed from my locker, I met Mark outside in the front parking lot.

He promised to take me to and from school until I got my license, which was only a few months away. I was already sixteen, but I had taken the driver’s Ed class late and still needed to wait a few months.  He smiled at me as I took the passenger seat next to him. I was so used to sitting in the backseat that I felt weird being in the front. Melody had always sat in the front.

Taking a deep breath, I let my head rest against the seat as we pulled out of school. A few wondering students gave us weird glances, but not many people noticed the little ugly duckling in the seat next to him.