Make Up Or Make Out?

Jack was gone once I looked around, but I didn’t ask Colton anything. Instead, I followed him to his car and slid into the passenger seat. The radio hummed quietly as we pulled out of the parking lot and in the direction of his house; the silence between us filled with tension. I tried to concentrate on the houses rushing by my window, but Colton’s steady breathing was very distracting.

“My mom and sisters are out,” he said as we pulled into his driveway.

I noticed his motorcycle was parked on the left side of the garage as we pulled in. He turned off the car and we waited in silence for someone to say something.

“Just come inside and we can talk,” he finally said.

Nodding my head, I got out of the car and followed him inside. This time the living room wasn’t a complete mess, and the whole house smelled like a really yummy candle. He led me down a back hallway and into what I presumed to be his room. The walls were almost bare, besides for a clock and a motorcycle poster hanging up. His bed was made; the black and maroon sheets without a wrinkle. For a guy, Colton was pretty tidy.

“Sorry if it’s a little dirty,” he said grabbing a pair of shorts from the ground and tossing it into his laundry basket.

I chuckled. “It’s cleaner than mine.”

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into his bed so that we were lying on our sides, my body pressed to the inside of his. I had to fight against the urge to turn my head and kiss him senseless. I was supposed to be mad at him.

I was mad.

“How did you get a hold of Jack, I don’t even remember—“

I cut him off. “I didn’t. We just happened to be at the same place at the same time.”

He pulled me tighter against his chest and wrapped his arms around me. I felt my stomach turn with butterflies. Never had I been in a guy’s bed before, or in bed with a guy beside Mark. And I didn’t feel the same way about Mark like I did about Colton. He made me nervous and clam and the same time. It was dizzying.

“I’m sorry I make rash decisions. Jack was right, I don’t think.”

I laughed. “Everyone has flaws. If I wouldn’t have pushed you to tell me about your dad, none of this would have happened.”

“No you’re perfect,” he whispered in my ear. “I’m the one who messed up; I’m always the one who messes up. It’s hard for me to talk about that stuff because I’ve done my best to not think about it.”

Colton left a searing kiss on the back of my neck that made me sigh out in pure bliss.

“My dad and Jack are complicated.”

I shook my head. “No you don’t have to tell me. Tell me when you want to, and if you never want to tell me then I can respect that.”

Colton sat up against his headboard which left me lying down, my head in his lap. I looked up at him admiring the light speckle of freckles around his nose and his beautiful blue eyes. I could tell he was having a hard time coming up with the right words.

“I want to tell you. I’ve never wanted to tell anyone about my life until I met you.”

He grabbed my hand and closed his eyes before beginning. “Well I was thirteen when my mom found out that my dad was cheating on her. She was pregnant at the time with Bella, so when she approached him about the whole thing her hormones were out of control and so was she. She ended up hitting him with a lamp. Before he left to go press charges he said that he was happy he was leaving her for his girlfriend and baby on the way. The next day he was gone and so was Jack.”