Just Jump

Hey everyone, I think this is the chapter you’ve been waiting for…some one on one Sutton Colton time. I hope you like it, remember to vote and comment!

“Sutton we’re going over to the Smith’s, please just let me know if you go anywhere.”

I waved to my mother as she said goodbye. The Smiths were and old family friend, and my parents were going to have a dinner night with them.

“So why do you have to do a school project on Friday night? I mean, when is this thing due?” Vee asked from where she was lying on my bed, her head buried in a magazine.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I promised him tonight we would work on it.”

“Oh it’s a boy, is he cute? What’s his name?”

Vee asked the one thing I knew I couldn’t lie to her about, and I bit my lip in frustration. How could I break this to her…

“It’s just Colton,” I stated casually walking over to my closet and pulling out an outfit for tonight.

The room was almost dead silent as I held up my black skinny jeans.

“Oh, that Colton.”

“Yeah that Colton.”

Once again, the room became silent as I rummaged through my clothes for something suitable. I wasn’t trying to impress Colton, it’s not like we were going on a date, but I was going to party afterwards. I stripped out of my shorts and wiggled into the black pants. After taking off my shirt, I stood in front of my closet looking for anything.

Finally, I fell upon a short red blouse with the back open in the shape of a heart. It was cute and a little bit risky at the same time, suitable for a party. After changing into a black bando, I pulled the shirt over my head and looked down at the pile of shoes on my floor. Immediately, I grabbed my brown combat boots and slipped them on. Although Melody would have scolded me for not wearing heels, I wanted to be able to walk tonight.

“A little dressed up for working on a school project,” Vee muttered looking me up and down.

Rolling my eyes, I took a brush through my hair. “I’m meeting you at the party afterwards Vee.”

She nodded. “I know but-“

“But what? Why do you and Mark hate him? I mean, Blaine thought he was fine, and it’s not like I have a crush on him, I can have friends that are guys, not saying we’re friends but still, I can make my own decisions.”

Vee nodded. “I know, you’re one of the most capable people in this planet. It’s just that Colton Jones is the sort of guy who hurts girls like you.”

“Like me?”

“You know what I mean Sutton, I just don’t want you to get hurt,” Vee explained quickly.

I shook my head. “He can’t hurt me if I don’t give him the chance.”

She smiled. “That’s what I want to hear.”

A little horn rang out, and both Vee and I rushed outside my room and down the stairs. I peered out my front window to see Colton hoping off his bike and heading towards the door.

“See you at the party, just lock up when you leave,” I told Vee giving her a hug.

After our short embrace, I beat Colton to the door and met him outside.  His mouth formed a smile once he saw me.

“You wore red,” he said right away, looking at my shirt.

I suddenly remember that he always mentioned something about the color red on me, and nodded my head. “Yeah I guess I did. So are we just going to you house to work on the video or what?”