It's Just A Jacket

Hey everyone, sorry for the cliffy, I just had to! Thanks Dear_Diaress for the banner! 

“Okay so when I say this, don’t take it the wrong way. I’m not sorry for taking you to the warehouse the other night.”

Colton Jones had made me come all the way down a damn balcony to tell me that? As if I already didn’t know…

“Can you tell me something I don’t know,” I replied trying to keep my tone cool.

He sighed. “But there’s a reason, I need to show you something.”

Colton took off his leather jacket and tossed it on the ground. My eyes instantly drifted to his arms, which were tight against his white v neck. He played with the camera in his hands, and my gaze focused on his face. Two concentrated blue eyes looked down at what was in his hands, and I couldn’t look away. The freckles that lightly dotted his nose and cheeks stood out in the moonlight, and I thought about how dark my thousands of angle kisses must have looked under the stars.

His eyes darted up and a smile spread across his face. “Admiring my handsome face?” he asked amused.

I could feel warmth on my cheeks and thanked God that it was dark out. “No, but I think you have a bugger.”

Colton’s hand instantly flew to his nose and I burst out laughing. When he realized I was joking, he grinned. “So you were admiring my dashing good looks?”

“In your dreams Jones.”

“You are in my dreams freckles.”

The words left his mouth and in an instant it felt like everything, even the noises of the animals and bugs went silent. He watched me closely and my cheeks felt like they were on fire. Suddenly, the sound of my own voice rang out through the night, but my mouth was closed. I looked down at the device in his hand to see me climbing up a latter.

The surroundings of the warehouse were similar, and my stomach turned at the thought of almost being caught by the cops.

“Don’t doubt yourself,” Colton said from behind the camera, “once you do it, you’ll be satisfied.”

The scared look on my face was evident, and before I knew it, I was in the air and falling down to the foam pit. Colton quickly snapped the camera shut and looked at me.

“Why did you show me that?” I asked, hugging my arms to my chest.

Colton noticed my movement and leaned down to grab his jacket. He handed me the heavy leather coat and I shook my head. “Just wear it your cold,” he told me.

Sighing, I pulled the material over my shoulders and slipped my arms into the coat. It practically swallowed me whole, but it kept out the chilly night air. Suddenly Colton’s familiar scent made its way to my nose, and I took a deep breath.

“I wanted to show you this because even though I should have told you it wasn’t my place, you had fun and you did something courageous. I know it might be something small for someone else, but you got over a fear and that sort of accomplishment is amazing. If I would have told you we were breaking and entering, you never would have gone in.”

“You’re darn right I wouldn’t have,” I said right away.

Colton sighed. “Look I know I should have told you, and I’m sorry I lied to you but I’m not sorry I did it. It felt amazing to watch you do something like that.”

His words hung in the air, and thoughts buzzed around in my head. Maybe Colton was right, maybe I was just a little uptight, but it wasn’t stupid to feel the way I did; conflicted and confused. So yeah, we had a fun time and I jumped even though I was deathly afraid to. Colton made me feel so alive, so not ordinary.