The List

Okay, so I do think it’s a little annoying that I put an author’s note in front and at the end of every chapter, so today is the last day I put an author’s note and the beginning of the chapter. Anyway, enjoy this last little one, hope you like the chapter.

It was my first official “grounding” day, seeing that my mother allowed Blaine and Vee over the first day I was actually grounded, but I didn’t feel grounded. No, I actually felt relieved. I was back to my normal schedule: school, home, homework, bed. It almost felt like Melody was just in the other room, texting Mark and painting her nails; well that’s what she usually did on Wednesdays.

 My mother had kindly given me back my computer for school purposes, but she still held my IPod captive. Not that it mattered; I had all my music on my computer. Opening Spotify, I went into my favorites and clicked on I Choose You by “Timeflies”, my new obsession. Cal’s sexy voice poured through my speakers just as my mother’s voice called up to me from downstairs.

“Sutton, I’m meeting your dad at the airport, I won’t be back before you go to sleep so goodnight!”

Muttering an okay, even though she wouldn’t hear me, I grabbed my bowel of chocolate Cheerios from my night stand and popped the food into my mouth. Thankfully, I had finished my homework and had some time before bed to go on imgfav, my all-time favorite website. I refreshed the page, and a picture of a list popped up onto the screen.

“Bucket list,” I read out loud, scanning down the list of twenty things to do before graduating high school.

The girl who posted the list, who went by the name of CrazyB**TCH must have had a wild side, because I would never imagine doing half the things on her list. Steal something? She was crazy. Suddenly, a thought came to mind, but I instantly pushed it away. I could practically hear Melody’s voice in my head, telling me how I was such a little baby.

Biting my lip, I opened a work document and quickly titled it “Bucket list”.

Okay Sutton, be creative, you can do this. Shaking my head, I cracked my knuckles and placed my fingers on the keyboard. After about ten minutes, the only thing I managed to type was the number 1.

Come on Sutton, just think of Melody, what would she do? What has she done that you haven’t?

1.       Sneak out.

The words appeared on the document quickly. Melody snuck out all the time, it couldn’t be that hard. If anything, I would have to go to her room and use the tall tree next to her window. See, this isn’t so hard. Smiling to myself and the tiny accomplishment, I thought of another thing to type down.

A sudden thought popped into my head and immediately my fingers were working.

2.       Steal something.

If CrazyB**TCH could steal something, so could I. It wouldn’t really be that hard, right? Walk into a store, stick something in your pocket and walk out, anyone could do that!

Feeling a little surge of confidence, I typed down my next crazy idea.

3.       Break into school.

At first I was going to add breaking and entering, but Colton already helped me accomplish that one, even if I didn’t know I was doing it.

4.       Stand in two places at once.

The thought came to mind quickly; it was always something I wanted to do, as cheesy as it sounded. Ever since watching A Walk To Remember, and crying my eyes out, I’d wanted to stand in two places at once.