Chapter 10: Dates

So for anyone that missed it, I slightly changed the ending of the last chapter based off a suggestion I liked from an anonymous commentor on Lit. I've inserted the addition in the beginning of this chapter to prevent any confusion. Maria and Jason get a bit of air time on this chapter, and it's also extra long (almost twice as long as usual), so enjoy!

Also I want to send out a great big thank you to all my Lit readers that supported the last installment in spite of the first half being missing and taking several days to get fixed. I was incredibly and very pleasantly surprised and touched that you all continued to give me strong votes even though you only had half to judge. Thank you all so much!

Last but not least - thank you to aneonsky (who I have dedicated this chapter to) for the new book cover!

=============================================================

Michael chuckled, admiring the bravery of the man, and accepted his handshake. Aaron smiled, giving them both some final parting words. "I like you for her Michael, and Luce, I like you for him too. I think you two will work very well together. Should be an interesting ride," he laughed, winked at them both, heading out to do his patrol.

"Oh, and Luce, don't forget about the music," Aaron called over his shoulder as he walked down the hall.

"Jerk," Lucienne muttered, blushing when she saw Michael's questioning look. "Trust me, you don't want to know."

He raised an eyebrow and gave her a teasing smile, "Somehow I suspect it is less a matter of me not wishing to know, and more a matter of you not wishing to explain."

"Doesn't matter cuz I'm not telling you, either way," she stated firmly, shutting the door.

"No? I might be willing to live with that..."

The next she knew, Lucienne was pinned against the door, Michael claiming her lips in a drugging kiss. She moaned and tangled her tongue with his while threading her fingers through his soft curly hair. Overwhelming need crashed through her and her knees went weak. If not for Michael's body pressing against her, she'd have fallen to the floor.

Several minutes later they broke apart, both panting slightly. Michael trapped her gaze his eyes like pools of molten gold. "I have been craving the touch of your lips since entering the building, but did not wish to behave in a way that might tarnish you before Aaron," he told her softly, his silvery voice slightly rough with desire.

She smiled at him, Sweet, sweet man, she thought, understanding that in his terms he was protecting her image. No, not my image, he's protecting my honor and trying to show his respect for me. She nearly melted into a puddle all over again at that realization and settled for kissing him deeply and tenderly, doing her best to show him how much his actions touched her.

"I have been wanting to do that almost since you left last night," she replied. His eyes flared brighter at her admission that she'd missed and wanted him, and flooded her with another wave of heat.

"This could get out of hand very quickly," he chuckled, touching his forehead to hers. A moment later he sighed and pulled away, clearly working to get himself back under control. "Do you have questions for me?" he asked drawing her back down to the couch with him. "We have some time before lunch, and some things may be difficult to answer around prying ears."