Chapter 1 ~ The Other Stark

Reader's POV

Letting out a groan I pick up the nearest crescent wrench and contemplate hitting the old Dodge motor with it. "You okay boss?" I hear Mikey, one of my employees and friend; ask as he raises an eyebrow at me. Mikey was a couple years older than me with short blonde hair and hazel eyes. I had known him for years since we were in the system together. He was the brother I had always wanted.

"Yeah, I just hate dodge engines. They piss me off."

"You know maybe if you flirt with it a little it'll be nicer to you."

"Don't make me throw this wrench at you."

"I'm just saying you're a good looking girl," His words are cut off by a wrench flying at him which he quickly ducks out of the way avoiding it with a smile on his face.

"Come on you could seriously hurt someone like that!" Marty, the resident old man of my shop, yells out as he walks out of the office and into the garage. "Are you two dickin around out here?"

"Well you kind of have to have a dick to be dickin around, don't you think?" I say with a smirk on my face.

"Oh ha ha very funny, looky here we've got ourselves a comedian." Marty says sarcastically as he walks over to me with a clipboard in his worn out hands. He was an older man in his late seventies with salt and pepper hair and brown eyes. He had taken Mikey and I in after the two of us had run away from the foster home where the two of us met. Ever since then he had been like a grandfather to us. "Now how much longer are you gonna be working on that hunk of junk?"

Groaning I turn back to the motor and say, "About another thirty minutes, I would be done sooner if she wasn't such a vindictive bitch."

Both men laugh at me and Marty says, "Alright then, I'll let them know." Then he turns to Mikey and says, "Why don't you help the girl out, so we can all go home."

"Alright old man don't get your panties in a bunch I'll help her." As he walks over to me I pick up the biggest wrench near me and hold it up at him and say, "Back away slowly or else you and this wrench are gonna become real close."

"Oh snap, okay, okay I get the message." He raises his hands and slowly backs away to the other side of the garage where he was working on his Harley.

"I don't need anyone's help; I'll get this temperamental bitch to work one way or another." I say to both men as I turn back toward the engine with an angry glare. You hear them say something inaudible and narrow your eyes at the engine block. "Alright now, let's get intimate and have a conversation." I say as I walk over and grabbing my IPod, put my head phones in and turning on Pras's 'Ghetto Superstar' start taking it all apart again. There had to be something I missed the first time.

Come on _____ you have two masters from MIT and you can't even fix a 01 Dodge ram? What's wrong with you?

After what seemed like a few seconds you had finally found the problem and it instantly made you furious. Seriously that's it? Narrowing my eyes I rip my head phones from my ears and stomp into my private office and slam the door. Damn Tony, ever since Clint had called about him needing to see me, my mind hadn't worked properly.

"Are you alright miss?" You hear the familiar voice of JARVIS and sigh.

"No, I'm not. Your creator is an arrogant jerk."

"Would you like me to tell him that?"

"You wouldn't even if I told you too."

"True."

"I can't believe it took me three hours to figure out they had a cracked engine block. Jarvis I think I need a vacation."

"Beach sounds and wall effects miss?"