Chapter 5 ~ Because of You

The next morning I open my eyes to see that somehow I had ended up lying face to face with Bucky. My head was lying gently on his fleshy tricep, while the front of my body was pressed up against his. His metal hand was surprising holding mine, our fingers intertwined together. I feel something move behind me and I glance down to see Steve's right arm wrapped around my waist. His broad chest pressed firmly against my back. How the hell did this happen? I remember falling out on Steve's shoulder and that's it. Sighing inwardly I continue to lay there not wanting to wake them up.

HEHE I'm the filling of a Super soldier sandwich. I bite my lips to keep from laughing. This was fine right? The sun hasn't come up yet so I can enjoy this a little longer right? Enjoy it? Was that what I was doing? I had spent many nights with random men but this was different. I didn't 'screw' them but even just sleeping side by side was enough to keep the nightmares and Devlin away. I glance toward the window and let out a sigh of relief to see that he wasn't there. I look back over to the man lying face to face with me and smile.

Up close and personal he was even more handsome then I originally thought. Of course he was a smartass cocky little shit but that just added to his charm. I wanted to trace the line of his jaw with my finger but decided against it when I realized my free hand was pretty much underneath me. I smile as I close my eyes and try to get a few more hours of sleep before the inevitable thing happened and they both were awake.

Apparently though, it was too much to ask for; as I just laid there my mind racing. Last night I had told them more than I has ever told anyone ever before. Why? Was it because I felt safe with them? I hadn't felt that way since I was little. Could I trust them? I feel Steve stir behind me and I quickly fake that I'm still asleep. I feel his body tense once he realizes that he is in fact holding me. He slowly starts to pull away making me suddenly aware that it is in fact really cold.

I shiver at the sudden chill and suddenly feel Bucky pull his hand from mine and pull me in closer causing my heart to race. He was warm, his body radiated heat. "Bucky, come on wake up." Steve says causing Bucky to groan at him in annoyance. "Come on Buck, the storm hit while we were asleep; the powers out."

"Just a few more minutes." He groans out as he buries his face in my chest. OH MY GOD!

"Come on Buck, you're gonna wake ____ up," Steve says as quietly as he can.

"Alright, I'm getting up." Bucky says as he rolls over onto his back and lets out a yawn.

"I'll be downstairs trying to get a fire going."

"Yeah, yeah." I hear Steve's footsteps leave the room and before I can do anything I hear Bucky say, "You gonna pretend to sleep all day or what?"

Yup, not moving.

"Alright then since you wanna play that game." He says and then seconds later I feel soft lips on mine making my eyes widen. I quickly push away from him and end up slamming my butt on the floor as I fall off the bed.

"What the hell was that?!" I yell out at him as I stare wide eyed.

"Punishment for faking it."

"You ass!"

"Come on, you know you liked it."

"I absolutely did not like it!" I yell out as I jump to my feet and run into my bathroom slamming the door behind me. What the hell was he thinking? Taking a deep breath I realize my heart is racing in my chest. I reach up and gently place my fingers on my lips. Well this is a new feeling. I had been kissed many times but this was an entirely new feeling. Why? I hear the door to my room open and close and I let out a sigh of relief. I walk over to the mirror and looking at my reflection let out another sigh. I reach down to turn on the water letting the cool liquid run over my hands I silently thank god that I had hooked the well up to an alternative power source.