Chapter 10 ~ Happy Birthday!

The sounds of birds chirping echoes through my head like a bullhorn making me groan in annoyance. I peek through my eyelids and instantly snap them shut as the daylight comes pouring into the room making my head throb.

Sweet baby Jesus.

I roll over onto my back which only results in my head pounding even harder. I stretch my arms out and find that I'm lying in my bed alone. I groan as I instantly pull the blankets over my head making darkness surround me. My cell phone's ringtone, 'Talking Body' by Tove Lo, rings out from somewhere in the room and I groan. Throwing the blanket back I wince at the light before I crawl toward the ringing resulting in me falling off the bed with a hard thud.

Son of a bitch!

I crawl toward the ringing and find it sitting in the window seal and without looking answer it. "Yeah?"

"Good morning Peanut," Tony's voice calls out and I sigh.

"What's so good about it?" I groan out as I rub my forehead.

"Did someone have too much fun last night?"

"Something like that," I say as I force myself to my feet and manage a glance out the window to see Steve walking from the barn looking like he had just mucked all the stalls himself and I raise an eyebrow.

"Nat wanted to ask you a question,"

"Then why didn't she just call me?"

"Don't be an ass (Name)," Nat chimes in making me smirk.

"Hey red," I say as I run a hand through my hair and let out a heavy sigh.

"So what'd you do last night?" she asks suggestively and I roll my eyes.

"Got drunk, made an ass outta myself, said some hateful things, found out Bucky and Steve like me, and did I mention being groped at the bar?"

"Good thing I had you off speaker phone," she says making me chuckle, then instantly regret it as my head pounds. Something catches my eye and I turn to see Bucky chopping wood and I stare at him while Nat continues, "So what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know," I say as I pull away from the window and walk back over to my bed.

"Do you like them?" She asks and I sigh as I sit down upon my bed.

"Yeah," I say as I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Well, which one of them do you like more?"

"I don't know, I literally cannot choose. When I think about it, it makes my head hurt."

"Plus there's them being best friends since childhood,"

"Right?! I keep telling them that I do not want to ruin their friendship but they just keep telling me that I couldn't even if I tried."

"Have you given the thought to possibly dating them both?"

"I am not that kind of girl,"

"Meaning?"

"I don't date,"

"Right, and while you sit there dreading the decision at hand they'll most likely end up with someone else. Do you want that?"

"No..." I say as I take a deep breath and let it out.

"So it's either date them both, chose one and most likely end up hurting the other, or just remain the way you are and let someone else have a chance at them."

"I really hate you right now," I say as I lean back against my bed and stare up at the ceiling.

"You could never hate me," she says as a chuckle escapes her lips. "Oh just letting you know now that pretty much everyone is coming in for your birthday party later."