Chapter 14 - Seeing Things In A New Way

READERS POV

"Hey Stark I need a hand!" I hear Bucky yell out pulling me from my daydream. I glance from my project up at him and see him staring at me with annoyed look on his face.

"What'd I do?" I ask as I raise an eyebrow.

"You? Nothing; but 'somebody' used an EMP on my arm and now," He lifts the metal appendage up and shakes it. I bite my lips to keep form chuckling as I motion him over to my work station.

"Come on Barnes, I haven't got all day."

"Oh and what's more important than fixing my arm?" He asks as he slowly walks closer to me his metal arm lying limply next to his side.

"Um I do have a life outside this god forsaken tower Barnes," I say making him narrow his eyes.

Ever since my brief encounter with death Tony had insisted that I stay at Avengers tower with him until I was 100 Percent. That was like 2 months ago, now I was itching to get back to the solitude of my own house. It's not that I didn't enjoy being here with my father and of course the super soldiers from heaven; but I just didn't like the fact that I was constantly under observation. Yes I had severely hurt myself playing hero, which I will never do again, but I was healing nicely thanks to the cradle. I still had to use a leg brace to walk, which I designed myself, the original brace needed an upgrade. Okay it needed many upgrades, all of which I was happy to do.

As Bucky reaches me I go to stand up but he just pushes me back down saying, "Hey you're still healing, so sit your ass back down."

"Okay for one, don't tell me what to do; and secondly I healed a long time ago. I just need this brace to you know, uh, walk."

"Right," he says narrowing his eyes at me making me roll mine at him.

"Do you want me to fix your arm or not?" I ask folding my arms over my chest.

"Ugh, please." He replies and I nod.

"Good, off with the shirt soldier." I say making his eyes sparkle playfully. He smirks as he pulls his shirt off and tosses it onto a nearby table. Biting my lip I motion for him to sit down next to me. He purposefully rubs his leg against mine and I gulp down a breath of air. "Stop it Barnes, or I'll leave you the way you are." I chastise as I reach for a nearby tool. He pouts at me and I just roll my eyes at him.

"So, do you really have to go back?" He asks and I nod.

"Yes Barnes, I have to."

"Okay, but can't you just have someone take care of the farm for a little while longer?"

"Mikey has a life of his own you know." I say purposefully messing up making him wince. "And I'm feeling cramped." I furrow my brow as focus on his arm.

"We could always out for coffee?"

"I'm not much of a coffee drinker. Now if we were going out for a beer I might change my mind."

"You don't need to drink (Name)." He replies sternly and I pull away from his arm.

"Are you still trying to tell me what to do? If you remember that didn't exactly work out all that well the last time you did it."

"True, your teeth hurt like a son of a bitch."

"Next time you'll know not to stand between a Stark and their alcohol." I smirk as I return to fixing his arm.

"You know why I said what I did right?" He asks glancing from his arm to up into my eyes.

"Yeah," I say letting out a heavy sigh. "I know, I was just, freaking out about all the people in my house."