Both Ending ~ We Are Family

"(Name) stop!" I hear Steve yell out and I freeze in my footsteps.

Why? Why did I stop? What the hell?

I go to move again but I find that my feet won't listen.

Okay, what the actual hell?

I feel a hand in mine and I turn to see Steve standing next to me. "It's okay," He says as he offers me a reassuring smile.

"How?" I ask, the need for answers filling my eyes. "How is any of this okay?"

"What do you mean?" I hear another voice ask and I turn to see Bucky standing on the other side of me.

"I-" I turn to see everyone still staring at me and I let out a heavy sigh. "I don't wanna talk about it here. Can we go somewhere else, please?"

"Sure," Steve says as he grips tightly to my hand and leads me to the elevator with Bucky close behind us. Walking inside I stare at the floor as Bucky and him stand beside me. The elevator doors close and instantly reach up and wrap my arms around myself.

"Stark?" I hear Bucky say and I clench my jaw.

"How am I worthy?"

"What?" Steve and Bucky say in unison.

"How could I lift the hammer," I pause for a moment before looking over at Steve, "When-when you couldn't?"

"(Name)," Steve starts but I instantly stop him by shaking my head and saying, "I don't get it. You're captain freakin America; you save people, you are the American dream. I'm a partially unwanted child with a shit ton of baggage; How In the hell can I lift Mjolnir, and you can't?"

"Things happen for a reason." Steve says and I roll my eyes.

"Like Thor says, 'The hammer chooses the worthy'." Bucky says imitating Thor's voice and I smile. "Ah I won, she smiled."He calls out a bright smile covering his perfect face.

"Shut up Barnes," I say my smile growing brighter.

"What Buck means is that, Thor's hammer is magic. It has mystical properties that no one, save for him and his father, understand."

"Besides think about it, how is Thor worthy? Huh? Answer me that." Bucky adds and I chuckle.

"I just can't see how someone who has done all that I have, is worthy of anything." I say my smile fading as the depression washes over me.

"I think you're worthy." Steve says a smile covering his lips.

"Me too Stark," Bucky says smirking.

"I don't think I'll ever truly believe that I'm worthy of anything." I say honestly rubbing my shoulders.

"Well maybe one day that'll change?" Steve says and I smile softly at him.

"I hope you're right." I say as the elevator doors open revealing that we haven't even left the floor the party had been held on. I look forward to see Thor smiling brightly along with everyone else in the room and I take a deep breath before I let Steve and Bucky escort me back to the table. I look down at Mjolnir sitting back neatly on the table and I raise an eyebrow playfully. "Hey Thor I have a question?"

"Ask away Lady Stark." He says smiling his cheeks tinted pink from the alcohol.

"Since I can lift the hammer, does that mean I can go to Asgard?" I ask making the room go silent.

"But of course, Mjolnir has found you worthy; therefore in the eyes of Asgard you are an honorary Asgardian." Thor replies a soft smile covering his lips.