Chapter 4 ~ Dum Dum Duggan

I hated throwing up, especially since my body for some reason trained itself to not let me vomit no matter what.

I sit there for a few minutes before I suddenly become aware of someone rubbing my back. I glance to the side to see them holding a towel out to me and taking it I say, "Thank you."

"Do you see why I said it was a bad idea?" Steve says and I groan as I say, "Not exactly in the mood for an 'I told you so' lecture Cap."

"Then I won't give you one."

"Thank you," I say as I fight the urge to dry heave.

"Here Stark, have some water." Bucky says as he walks into the bathroom with a glass of water.

"Thank you," I say as I reach up and take the water from him. Taking a big swig I instantly feel my stomach relax causing me to let out a sigh of relief.

"You gonna make it?" Bucky asks and I nod slowly as I flush the toilet and try to push myself to my feet. BAD IDEA. My legs instantly buckle sending me into Steve's open arms. "Why don't you tell that to your legs?" Bucky says as Steve stares into your eyes a worried look on his face.

"You okay?" He asks and as I feel my face flush I reply, "Uh yeah, thank you."

"Ahem, you two need a moment?" Bucky says and I quickly pull away from Steve.

"I think it's time we all went to bed." Steve says and I raise an eyebrow at him. "Our own separate beds." I nod and once again I try to push myself to my feet. This time Steve wraps his arms around my waist to keep me from falling. I bite my bottom lip to keep my face from flushing as he starts to lead me toward the stairs. As we reach them I glare and say, "This is gonna suck."

"I could give you a lift," Steve says and I run a hand through my hair as I say, "Yeah, thank you." Before I can prepare myself I am lifted up into his arms bridal style. "You okay?" He asks and I nod as I suddenly feel myself become extremely sleepy. Leaning my head against his shoulder I wrap my arms around his neck. I smile as the scent of shampoo and men's deodorant fills my senses. His heartbeat was strong and the sound of his heartbeats again my ear made me relax. Before I completely fall asleep he says, "Um am I allowed to go into your room?"

I clench my jaw and letting out a heavy sigh say, "Just this once, and not a word about the decorations." I hear the door open and brace myself for the remarks I knew were coming.

"Holy shit ____ didn't know you were a fan girl." Bucky says and I pull away from Steve's shoulder and say, "Don't make me kick your ass Barnes."

"Where did you get all this stuff?" Steve asks as he gently sets me down on my bed and moves around to look at all the Captain America and Bucky memorabilia.

"Auctions mostly, oh and from Coulson; he's the one that found that limited edition Howling Commandos poster." I say as I lean back against my pillows and pull the covers out from under me. I look up to see them marveling at all the memorabilia. I smile as I see Steve run his fingers over some old war photo's.

"How did you get some of these? I didn't know these pictures were taken." Steve asks causing Bucky to move over to his side.

"My mother's father was Sergeant Timothy 'Dum Dum' Dugan. Before he passed away he used to tell me stories of you two. He was the first person I let myself care about. But he soon passed away; SHIELD and the government wouldn't tell me how so I don't exactly know. After he died my mother lost her way. I guess she didn't know how to deal with the loss of both parents. She started dabbling in drugs and when the money ran out she sold all his belongings so she could have money for her drugs; and when the money ran out." I pause as the tears start to fill my eyes. I reach over and clutching tightly to the cap and Bucky bears say, "When the money ran out, she used another method to get drugs."