Chapter 13 ~ Hail To the Queen

READERS POV

I feel a kick against my stomach and I am sent backwards as Zeke fires a repulsor at me. I quickly twirl out of the way falling back into a fighting stance. "You are such a stupid girl!" Zeke says and I narrow my eyes.

"Better to be a stupid girl, than a pigheaded jerk!" I say as I fire a rocket at him. He meets my rocket with a set of flares and I growl in annoyance. We fight back and forth half in the air and the other on the ground; repulser beams and missiles flying throughout the air like a meteor shower. Zeke was getting tired which resulted in him becoming sloppy.

'You can do this Sunshine,' Dugan says and narrow my eyes looking for any weakness in his suit.

"Friday, have you found any weaknesses yet?"

"Not yet miss,"

"Damn, okay just, keep me posted." I say as I wrack my brain for anything that could be useful. A smile crosses my lips before I crack my neck and say to Zeke, "You're tech is outdated Zeke!"

"Whatever, my tech is top of the line."

"Sorry to tell you, but that's not true. You're wearing trash. See it's already failing you." I say as I point to his leg that was now sparking with electricity. "You're on the verge of a malfunction."

"Then I better end this now," he says as he dives toward me. I smile as I surge upward toward the sky with him close behind me.

"Peanut what are you doing?!" I hear Tony yell out in my comms and I narrow my eyes.

"I doubt he thought about the freezing, if I can get him high enough his suit will short circuit and I can tear him out of it."

"That's my girl, be careful." Tony says and I smile softly.

"I will," I say softly feeling the oxygen slowly start to lessen in the air. I finally stop and turning toward him expect him to stop and ice over but he doesn't. My eyes widen as he collides into me with a hard bang the sound of the impact echoing thought the sky.

"Do you really think I'd make the same mistake as my old man?"

"Not really," I say smiling as I wrap my arms around him and taking a deep breath say so only Friday can hear, "Take us down Friday, Fast!"

"I'm not sure you'll survive a drop from this altitude Miss."

"Just do it!"I yell out angrily and I suddenly feel the both of us start to hurtle toward the earth at supersonic speed.

"(Name)!" I hear Steve yell out into the comms and I feel my heart clench. I take a deep breath and closing my eyes start to come to terms with what I was about to do. I was going to sacrifice myself for my father. That would be okay wouldn't it? The world needed Ironman more than it needed some tortured little girl. Didn't it?

"You're wrong Sunshine," I hear my grandfather Dugan say and I feel tears fall from my eyes. "They'd miss you. Steve, Bucky, and especially Tony; they love you and they want you to be with them."

"I don't know if I can be what they want me too be."

"Trial and erroe child, trial and error." He says and my eyes snap open. He was right. I couldn't die. I needed to live. I had so much more than I thought I did. I had people who loved me and wanted to be with me.

"Let go of me you crazy bitch!" I hear Zeke yell out and I smile.

"Sorry Zeke, you threatened my family; and for that you have to pay."