Bucky's Ending ~ A Work In Progress

Reader's POV

Jumping into the elevator I slam my hand against the nearest button and wait impatiently with my back toward the doors as I wait for them to close. I suddenly feel a jerk in the elevator movement and I turn to see Bucky standing there with worry in his eyes as the elevator doors instantly close behind him. He was breathing heavily as he slowly walks toward me. I back up against the wall of the elevator and stare at him wide eyed. "What the hell Barnes? I wanted to be alone." I yell out as I realize I can't run anymore.

"Well too bad," He says stopping just in front of me.

"What?" I ask as I look him up and down eyes wide.

"Why are you running?"

"I am not running!" I retort making him raise an eyebrow at me. "Fine I'm running. Why? What's it too you?"

"Seriously? You're still asking me that question?"

"Yes, now answer it."

"I care about you (Name) and you know it!"

"Okay, I know. Now get off the elevator and let me run away in peace." I say as the elevator stops.

"No." He states as he folds his arms over his chest.

"No?" I reply in shock making him nod at me.

"Not leaving you alone."

"Why not?"

"Cause you tend to do stupid shit when you're alone."

"You're not still referring to the night before my birthday?"

"I am,"

"God that was like two months ago, learn to let it go." I scoff as I push past him only for him to follow closely behind me. "Stop following me Barnes!"

"Sorry, not gonna happen." He says as he follows close to my heels. I roll my eyes as I clutch tightly to the ring box Steve had given me. Looking around I realize that somehow or another I had ended up on my personal floor and make a beeline for my bedroom, the good terminator close behind me. As I push past my bedroom door I quickly go to close it only to have him say, "If you try to close this door, I will rip it off it's hinges."

"Oh like you do every other door you come across?" I snap as I push against the door trying with all my might to shut it.

"That was two times and both were completely necessary!" He yells as he pushes back against me forcing the door open.

"FINE! If you want to come in come right the hell in!" I yell out angrily as I release my grip on the door and stomp over to the vanity Pepper had placed in my room for me. He stumbles slightly as the door swings open before he catches himself and stands up straight. I gently set the ring box down on the vanity before I make my way to my closet and start pulling out my clothes tossing them onto the bed angrily.

"(Name) Talk to me, please." Bucky says after a few minutes breaking the silence.

I pause and let out a heavy sigh as I fold my arms over my chest. "How am I worthy?" I say as I grip tightly to my arms.

"What?" He asks closing the distance between the two of us.

"How am I worthy? I-I picked up Thor's hammer, how in the hell did I do that?"

"No one except Thor really knows how his hammer works (Name)."

"He told me that only the truly worthy can hold his hammer. How am I worthy? After all I've done," I pause as tears start to fill my eyes. "There's no way I'm worthy." I suddenly feel his arms wrap around me holding me tight and I grip tightly to his shirt.