Chapter 15 ~ Surprises

Bucky's POV

As he climbed out of the shower and reached for a towel his mind was racing. All he could think about was the moment in the elevator with (Name). The way her beautiful (E/C) eyes had glossed over with anticipation made his heart race. If those damn doors hadn't have opened it would have been even better. The feeling of her hands on his face brings the memory back in full force making him groan out in frustration. Reaching up he scratches the back of his neck before walking out of his bathroom and into his room. It was filled with many different kinds of weapons lying all over the place. The scent of gunpowder and gun cleaner permeated the room.

He walks over to his closet and opening it up stars with narrowed eyes. It was filled with tactical outfits and normal everyday clothes, nothing fitting the formal dress code Tony had put in place for (Name's) surprise party. Running a hand through his hair he walks form his room to Steve's to see him sitting on his bed fiddling with something in his hands. "Hey you got some clothes I can borrow? I uh, don't have anything, uh Formal." Bucky says pulling his friend from his silent thinking.

"Uh yeah, sure." Steve says as he stands up and placing whatever he had been holding into his pocket before moving to his closet.

"So what's up Steve?" He asks as he follows Steve to his closet.

"Nothing, what color?" Steve replies as he places his hands on his hips.

"Uh the black,"

"Really? What is it with you and black?"

"Hey I happen to like it, so sue me." Bucky says a smirk covering his lips.

"Black it is then." Steve says as he pulls a black button up long sleeve shirt off of its hanger and hands it too Bucky. "I take it you at least have some slacks?"

"Uh yeah, Black ones."

"Okay," Steve says as he turns toward his friend and smiles.

"Steve, what's in your pocket?" Bucky asks his eyes slowly moving from his friend to Steve's pocket.

"So you did see that."

"Yeah,"

"It's nothing big, just a birthday gift for (Name) you know since we weren't able to give them to her on her birthday."

"What'd you get her?" Bucky asks suddenly feeling a little bit jealous. Steve takes a deep breath before pulling the gift out of his pocket and handing it to his friend. It was a small velvety box. Bucky gulps down a breath of air as he holds it in his hands. It couldn't be what he thought it was could it? Eyeing Steve from the corner of his eye he bites his tongue and opens the box. Inside was a small golden band with the howling Commandos insignia etched into it. Bucky tilts his head before turning to Steve with questioning eyes. "It was Dugan's. I found it in his old SHIELD file along with some other things they found of his. The reason I know it's his is," Steve pulls the ring out and holding it up shows the etching on the inside. It had Dugan's name etched into it, it was faded but still legible.

"I remember these things," Bucky says as he takes the ring from Steve and places it back into the box. "I had one, but it kinda stayed behind, you know, with my left arm."

"I'm sorry that I didn't jump to save you Buck." Steve says his eyes turning sad.

"Steve, don't beat yourself up about it."

"But you jumped to save me!"

"Yeah, I jumped into a river. What were you gonna land in once you caught me? Steve, I don't blame you for what happened to me. I blame HYDRA."