Chapter 6 ~ Hallucinations

I let out a happy sigh as the hot water cascades down my body. Showers were one of the best things on earth save for thunderstorms. I love thunderstorms. Grandpa Dum always loved thunder storms; he loved the rumbling of thunder and the flashes of light. When I was younger he used to pull me out of bed at night to run around in the pouring rain with him while he laughed like a wild man. I smile at the memory before rinsing my hair in water one last time before turning the water off and climbing out. I grab a towel and wrapping it around myself wipe the condensation from the mirror only to jump as I see Devlin standing behind me.

"Hello pretty," He says as he smiles his rotten smile.

"Why won't you leave me alone?" I say as I gulp down a breath of air.

"Aww is that anyway to talk to the man who raised you?"

"Raised me? Have you lost your mind?"

"I don't have a mind," He says his tone turning dark before he starts to move toward me. "You blew it away, don't you remember?" He says as blood suddenly starts to pour from the top of his head down his face. I stare at him eyes wide in fear as I try to back away. "You killed me!" He yells out as his hands wrap around my throat and clench tightly. I thrash against his hold but it's useless. Come on _____, he's just a hallucination.You can beat him. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. When I open my eyes again I pull my hand up and makeshift it into a gun. I place my pointer finger the side of his head and my eyes turn cold as I say, "Bang!"

I watch as the memory of his head exploding from the gunshot plays out in front of me then suddenly he is gone. My eyes stay dark as I turn back to the mirror and stare at my reflection. I was a murderer, even if it had been for self defense I had lost all innocence that day. Killing wasn't supposed to be easy but for me it was. I stare completely frozen until I hear JARVIS say, "Miss, are you alright?"

"Yes JARVIS, I'm okay." I say as I quickly shake my head and rid myself of the memories. I quickly put my clothes and shoes back on before heading back down the stairs where I see Bucky sitting in the doorway petting Baldr. I stare at them with a raised eyebrow before he notices me. "Hey Stark, you hungry?" He says as he pushes himself to his feet and heads over to me.

"That depends, did you cook?"

"Nah I leave the cooking to Steve,"

"Well in that case yeah, I'm starving." I say as I walk side by side with him toward the house. As we neared it I could smell the sweet succulent smell of pancakes and my stomach grumbles. I hear Bucky chuckles and I unconsciously smack his arm; which I instantly regret as my hand hits metal. I wince as I pull my hand back and brace it against my stomach as I fight the urge to cry out in pain.

"Crap you okay?" He asks as he tries not to laugh.

"If you laugh, you're a dead man Barnes," I say as I start to wave my hand back and forth in an attempt to ease the pain. I glance up at his and see that he is chewing on the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing and I narrow my eyes. "You're dead Barnes," I reach down and grabbing a handful of snow, throw it at him hitting him smack dabbed in the middle of the face. I let out an involuntary giggle as he stands there with this shocked look on his face.

"You really wanna start this war Stark?"

"I'll win, I assure you." I say as I reach down and start to pick up another handful of snow. He suddenly runs forward and lifts me over his shoulder. I cry out in surprise as I kick and thrash my legs around. "AGH! Bucky put me down!" I yell out in between fits of laughter. Suddenly I am lifted up and tossed into a huge mound of snow. I let out a scream as the snow covers my body. I instantly jump up and rub my shoulders as I yell out, "That's playing dirty!"