Chapter 12 ~ Angry Girls Cause The Most Damage

Reader's POV

I awake to the sounds of metal screeching against itself causing me to grind my teeth. Come on! I blink a few times as my head slowly starts to spin. The scent of gasoline and oil feels my senses making my stomach churn. I finally look around and see that I am tied to a chair I roll my eyes as I start to pull at my binds. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." I hear Zeke say and I groan inwardly as I turn toward his voice. He was sitting a few feet away a smirk filling his lips. He was wearing normal clothes now. a black t-shirt and pair of blue jeans.

"Oh really, and why not?" I ask as I clench my fists. He smirks as he stands up and walking over to me leans down his face inches away from my own. I raise an eyebrow at him my eyes darting back and forth between his own. "You're not gonna kiss me are you? Cause if you do," I pause narrowing my eyes at him, "I'll bite your tongue off,"

"Well isn't that surprising?" He says as he pulls away leaving a confused look on my face.

"What are you talking about?" I ask as I narrow my eyes at him.

"You've changed,"

"Okay now I'm really confused."

"You're not who you used to be."

"I know what the hell changed means dumbass." I retort quickly rolling my eyes.

"What I was referring to was your attitude," He says and I roll my eyes. "You're not the helpless girl I remember from college." My body shakes slightly at a painful memory but I quickly push it away.

"Yeah, well she was weak. I'm not weak."

"Of course not," He says matter of factly before continuing, "You are after all a Stark."

"What do you want Zeke?" I say changing the subject. The last thing I wanted to talk about or remember was a painful night I encountered in college.

"I want your father's head on a platter." Zeke says his face turning menacing.

"Too bad that's never gonna happen." I say sternly as I glare at him.

"Why do you care what happens to him?" Zeke asks intrigue filling his voice, "After all he didn't even acknowledge you until he almost died at the expo."

"He had his reasons," I say looking away from him and around at all the machinery working around me to build whatever he wanted.

"You didn't answer my question (Name),"

"You asked why I care what happens to him." I say as I slowly turn back to him my eyes filled with annoyance, "I care because he's my father. He may not be perfect, and he might even be little on the annoying side; but that doesn't mean I'm gonna let some tortured little shit mess with him. Especially one who hated his father as much as I used to hate mine."

"I didn't hate my father!" He yells out but I just shake my head.

"Who are you trying to convince Zeke? Me?" I pause to narrow my eyes at him. "Or yourself?" I feel a fist collide with my cheek and I smile as I lick the side of my mouth feeling the war blood seeping out of the fresh split. "Did I hit a nerve?" I ask chuckling.

"You know I could just give our old friend Craig a call." He says suddenly finding his composure. The mention of the name makes my blood run cold. "Ah I see you're not the only one who can hit a nerve." He chuckles and I take a deep breath as I force all the painful memories from my mind and letting it out I force all my anger to my face as I smile and say, "Go right ahead, call him." His smile fades as he raises an eyebrow at me.