Chapter 3 ~ Horse Uno

Before I make my way down the stairs I crack my neck and knuckles and take a deep breath. Okay _____ you got this, just calmly explain stuff and it'll be okay. Letting out the heavy breath I walk back down the stairs and before I am able to enter the dining room I hear the three men talking amongst themselves and pause.

"Shouldn't one of us go and check on her?" Steve asks his voice filled with concern.

"What do you think Stark?" Bucky asks and I raise an eyebrow.

"Look there are some things you don't know about _____, she's been through a lot and it's mentally messed with her mind. She puts on a good front but I can tell she's just faking it." Tony says making my heart clench.

"And have you asked her what happened?" Steve asks and I raise an eyebrow.

"I have but every time it ends up in a fight so I just decided to wait until she was ready."

"And if she never wants to talk about it?" Bucky says and I sense the sadness in his voice.

"Then I guess I'll never know."

I bite my bottom lip before letting out a sigh and rounding the corner. They all jump to their feet with worry in their eyes as they see me. "It's okay, I'm fine. I just needed a moment alone to collect myself." They all sit back down and taking a deep breath I pull out the chair next to Steve and sitting down say, "I'm sorry for what happened earlier, I'm just not used to being so comfortable and family dinners if that's what that was supposed to be."

"Look Peanut you don't have to push yourself," Tony starts but I instantly stop him as I say, "No I do, it's the only way I'm ever gonna kick this stupid depression bullshit. I know it'll never go away but perhaps it'll get better."

"What can we do to help?" Steve asks as he gently lays a hand on my shoulder. I turn to look into his dreamy blue eyes and sigh as I say, "Don't change anything, I don't do change very well. Um also if you have the need to change something, come ask me first and we'll go from there. I don't know how long this coming storm will last but if I have a mental breakdown it could be horrible for everyone." Steve nods and I turn to Tony and giving him a reassuring smile say, "Other than that welcome to my home. Don't go in my room."

"Not even if you invite me?" Bucky says a playful smirk on his face.

"Not unless you want to die. Cause I mean it when I say I will kill you."

"Sure Peanut," Bucky replies and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Would you like to try me?"

"I think I could take you,"

"Shall we test that theory?"

"Alright you two that's enough." Steve says making me smirk.

Come on let me roll around with Bucky.

I let out a sigh of relief as I say, "Okay, I think I can eat now."

"I'll go grab it out of the microwave." Steve says as he pulls away and heads into the kitchen. I nod before I glance back over to Bucky to see a bright smile plastered over his lips. You little shit. Then it hits me, "Has anyone seen Abaddon?"

"Abaddon?" Bucky and Tony ask in unison.

"Yeah she's my cat. I also have a dog named Baldr, but he doesn't like to be inside."

"Seriously?" Bucky says his eyebrow rose.

"Yup, he's full blood Alaskan Grey Wolf. So the next time you go outside don't do so without me. Cause he's extremely territorial."