Chapter 10

Happy's POV:

After the parade everyone got ready for the battle contest next. After all participants have entered they will be matched up against their opponent from Sabertooth which will be chosen by fans. I looked at Natsu and could tell that he was "all fired up".

"Hey Happy? You think I'll get to fight Sting again? I wonder if he's stronger? Do you think he is?" Natsu rambled on. I sighed, 'Yep, good ol' Natsu.'

"Listen here ya brats!" Gramps yelled from the stage. "I will now be announcing the match ups for this contest."

We waited in anticipation.

"The first fight will be the most popular vote, Natsu vs. Sting!" cheers instantly rose and Natsu jumped up on the table and shouted, "I'm all fired up now!" Master cleared his throat, signaling every one to be quiet, "The next fight will be, Gajeel vs. Rogue." he continued on from there. The match ups came to be:

Natsu vs. Sting

Gajeel vs. Rogue

Erza vs. Minerva

Lucy vs. Yukino

Laxus vs. Olga

Gray vs. Rufus

Romeo vs. Dobengal

"Hey Natsu?"

"Yeah?"

"A lot of these look like the match ups from the Grand Magic Games." I said. "Yeah I think since this is a festival for our victory, a lot of people wanted to see what would happen if we had a rematch. It's been a year now, maybe they've trained hard than us. I doubt it though." he responded. "I see."

"I'm interested in watching Lucy fight Yukino. With her star dress she'll be a formidable opponent." Lisanna said behind us. "Pff. Even without her star dress Lucy would still win." Natsu said. "Are you saying you think Yukino is weak?" she asked.

"No of course not. I'm saying that Lucy is strong and smart, she'll figure out a way. She's worked hard this past year. She'll do great." Natsu explained. "Although Yukino might have trained hard too. I guess we'll see when the time comes." Natsu smiled.

"You seem confident in Lucy, Natsu. Really confident." Lisanna pressed, I could tell that this was probably set up by Mira. It almost always was. "Well of course I'm confident in her. She's my partner. I've seen her grow in power since she joined the guild nine years ago (Two years if you don't count the Tenrou island incident)." he said.

Alright I need you to listen up again." Master said up on the stage again. "To prevent damage in the city, we have found a clearing in the Magnolia forest. It is about the size of the battlefield at the GMG stadium (Not counting the stands). We will all meet there."

"Alright let's get going Happy!" Natsu said. "Aye, sir!" I said jumping up before Mira grabbed me and told Natsu I'd be right with him.

She took me to the room behind the bar. Lisanna and Gray were already waiting. "Alright, so everyone's here. I've set up a list of scenarios that each of us will use during the festival." she handed us pieces of paper. I looked at mine. It said: "1) Push prank 2) Restaurant 3) Beg to go to Lucy's afterward 4) When in a place alone with the two, say you have to go find Carla 5) etc." I scanned over them. I assumed everyone had something different.

"Um Mira? What is 2 supposed to mean?" I asked. "Well, I'm glad yu asked. Since we all know that Natsu is going to get hungry sooner or later," she pause and everyone nodded in agreement. "recommend a restaurant for later. Since we all know Lucy won't want to pay Natsu's bill, I'll even give you enough money to cover it." she winked. "Wait, but Lucy will ask me where I got the money from." I stated. "Tell her you did a job for me and it payed really well." she said plainly. I sweatdropped.

We were all dismissed so we could make it to the field in time. I stopped in my tracks when I found a full on fighting ring in front of me with stone floors and walls with metal stands. The stone was probably the constructed by Gildarts. Natsu was in a room in the back, most likely changing out of his parade costume that he forgot to take off.

"Natsu they're about to start hurry up!" I said into the door. I heard a muffled, "Crap!" before he came out the door. Apparently he didn't have time to change out of it so he came out with only his black tank top and black pants. I snickered. "What? It doesn't matter what I fight in anyway. I can still pound him!" he yelled as he ran. "Yeah yeah. Whatever you say." I giggled. "Tch. Whatever." he ran to where the contestants were set up.

'From here on out, he's all yours Gray. Have fun!' I snickered once more.