Chapter 13

While the next battle was being set up, Lucy and Natsu left to go get their ice cream. 'How should I do this?' I thought in my head. I have around 30 min till the next battle because the ring was so busted after the last one. 'I've got it! Natsu's pretty dense so this might work!' I walked off toward their direction.

I finally found them and they were almost to the ice cream. I ran up and grabbed Natsu by the arm, "Hey, Lucy can I borrow Natsu for a sec? K thanks bye!" I yelled I'm a rush and sped of, leaving a dumbfounded Lucy to question what happened.

I finally got Natsu to a place Lucy couldn't hear. "What is it Mira?" he asked me. "Well, I was just going to let you know that Lucy said she'd really like to see the rest of the stands set up around this place, but she thought that you wouldn't want to waste time like that. I felt pretty bad for her." I said in an innocent voice.

"What? I wouldn't think it was a waste of time." Natsu mumbled. He looked back at me. "We've got 30 minutes right? After I get the ice cream I'll walk Luce around." he stated. "Oh and don't tell Lucy that you know she wanted to go. Or that I told you ok?" I said. "Got it" he replied.

"And Natsu, did you know that when you hold someone's hand while walking makes walking with them a lot more fun?" I asked. It was cheesy and stupid I knew but maybe, if I appealed to his sense of excitement, he would be curious enough to do it. I turned around and left. He walked back to Lucy and immediately I was "observing" them.

Natsu bought the two ice creams, one strawberry and one with tobasco that the vendor had happened to find on another stand. Natsu smiled then I heard him say, "Hey Lucy, why don't we go for a walk? It'll be fun to look at all the stands people have set up." Lucy's eyes lit up, "That sounds awesome!" I watched them start walking.

'Who'd have thought she actually wanted to walk around and see the stands?' I thought in my head. 'Oh well, it makes this plan even better.' I saw Natsu look at his hand, then to Lucy's. Like he was contemplating. I saw him blush then he slowly slid his hand into Lucy's. She looked at him, and he was looking away licking his ice cream. 'Probably to hide his bright pink face' I giggled.

She tightened her grip and they kept walking. "Omg! My Otp is getting closer right before my very eyes! It's so beautiful! Kyaa!" I said to myself as I proceeded to jump out of my hiding spot and spin in a circle. Luckily, Lucy and Natsu had already turned the corner.

At some point when I was following them, they sat down on a bench. To my amusement, their hands were still locked together. It was getting to the good part then, "The next match is ready to begin! The slight delay was unfortunate but he we are ready for the next contestants!" I heard over the loud speaker.

'Damn it!' I yelled in my head. I ran back to the ring before they got there. I sighed and slumped over the bars. That's when they walked up. 'There's more plans. It'll still work out. Just you wait.'