Chapter 18

Gray's POV:

"Tch, why me? Mira is much better at this than me." I said while walking toward Lucy. I stood in front of her. "Hey Lucy, you're teaming up with Ash-face right?" I asked. "Well, I don't kn-" "Luce!! Will you be my partner!" Natsu ran forward and asked her. "Umm, I guess so." she replied, shakily cause he was startled.

"That's a yes then Gray." she told me. "Perfect. You mind if I team up with you two?" I asked. "Why the hell do you want to team up with us?" Natsu asked annoyed. "Cause I thought it'd be fun!" I said with a twitching eyebrow. 'Kill me now.' I thought. 'Natsu's never gonna buy this.' "Yeah Natsu! Lighten up a bit. We're all guildmates after all." Lucy walked off to register for the talent show.

When she came back me and Pyro were butting heads. "Fire-face!" "Ice-princess!" we shouted at each other. "Guys, guys stop! We gotta plan on what we're gonna do. Let's head over to my house for a snack while we think it over." she smiled and dragged us both off.

We arrived at her house three minutes later. She ran off to the kitchen to make something. She told us to brainstorm while we waited. I sat there with my arms crossed thinking about how to approach this. Fire-doofus sat with his legs crossed and a stupid goofy grin plastered to his face while he hummed a little tune.

'Whats up with him' I thought. 'Oh, it must be the fact that Lucy is making food. It's all about food with him.' I sighed. I had to think of something. But what?

Lucy came back with small sandwiches, much to Natsu's disappointment. He decided to give an idea for the talent show, "We could set things on fire." he said. I facepalmed. Typical. Lucy was going on about how we could have a beautiful performance with grace and something like that crap.

Then I finally got an idea. "I've got it!" I yelled slamming my hands on the table. They both looked at me signaling for me to explain. "Ok Lucy, you could switch into your Leo form. Can you change the colors of your light?" I asked. "Hold on let me check with Leo." she summoned Leo and had a small conversation with him.

"If I can focus my magic enough I can." she replied. "Great, Now, me and Natsu can shoot all kinds of brilliant designs in the air. Nothing looks prettier than fire and ice together, cause it's a fleeting moment. During those moments where the designs are still prominent, You could embed your magic into ours giving it the appearance of different colors. Here, umm, Natsu create a small flame." Natsu hesitantly lit a small fire in his hands. "Now Lucy, change it to pink." I said. She changed to her Leo form and cupped her hands around Natsu's, as to not let the flame catch fire to anything. In an instant the fire was a lovely fluorescent pink. "Whoa!" Natsu commented. "Gray that's awesome!" he stared at the pink flames in his hand.

We practiced for the next hour so we'd have time to get to the stage in Fairy Tail, along with time to set up. But, while we were practicing I felt like someone was watching us. I shrugged it off for the moment but I could've sworn I had heard the faintest, "Gray-sama..."