Chapter 2

I woke up to the annoying sound of my phone alarm. My dad gave me an alarm clock but I couldn't figure out how it worked. Emily begged me to go 'walk around' Los Angeles with her. If we get lost, I'm kicking her in the bum. I stood up groggily and got dressed. I got lost but eventually found my way into the kitchen. Sure he might be here but, apparently, I have partner ownership with this house since my dad owns it and besides, food can release you from bad moods any day. I opened the kitchen door and saw someone in a hoodie fiddling through food in the refrigerator. He must've heard my foot steps, he turned to me and I swear I could slam the door in his face, literally. 

"We meet again." He said simply.

Three words yet they still make me cringe. His voice changed, it's deeper now but yet that's the voice of someone I loathe. I gave him a nasty glare before pushing him over my way to the fridge. "Why are you here?" He asked, annoyed. I refuse to talk to him. "Oh and you've changed, you've become uglier." He said and chuckled to himself. He thinks that's funny? You know what's funny? His existence, it's a joke to humanity. "You don't talk?" He asked mockingly. "Listen, this is my dad's house, so you're in my property, I deserve some respect here. You think now that we're living together you can waltz into my life and ruin everything? I'm sorry, you thought wrong. I didn't fight back before because I lo- - I actually thought we were best friends but you're just a fraud, Greyson, a big fat liar but I've learned my lesson and I'm not letting you win. Not anymore." I spat, he was taken back at first but then a smirk tugged his lips. "Don't you think I've been more of a son to your father than you have ever been?" He mocked. "I would kick you but that would be animal abuse so it's either you shut up or stop breathing, I'm good either way." I said and turned to the fridge. 

I collected food that satisfied me and went on an escapade searching for the living room, I suddenly realize that mansions are too huge for my liking but then a spacious house is spacious from him. He is being a real git, far worse than he was before. I can't believe I'm going to spend my life living in the same place with he-who-should-not-be-named. "Great you're ready, let's go!" Emily chirped as she dragged me out of the living room. "I was eating, Emily!" I said angrily and jerked her hand away. "Sheesh, someone woke up at the wrong side of the bed." She said and looked at me confused. I gave her an apologetic glance. "I'm sorry, the morning didn't start so great." I said, she gave me a warm smile. "C'mon, let's get that off your mind with a little bit of shopping." She suggested and I finally let her drag me out of the house. I'm not a huge fan of shopping but I do shop for clothes, just not all the time unlike Emily who, I think, shops till she's broke but becuase of recent events I want to forget about what happened. 

We took a cab, well, I guess we have a little problem at hand. "Do you even know the way around LA?" I asked Emily who seemed to be occupied by gawking outside the window. "Holy crap that boy is cute." She said. "Emily!" I yelled, snapping her out of her daze. "Well, no, but that's the joy of everything! If we get lost we find the true adventure of the wonders of LA." She said dreamily. "How about the wonders of your bum getting kicked?" I said. "Don't be all grouchy, you know you love me." She said. I rolled my eyes at her playfully as the cab came to a halt. We paid the driver and found ourselves infront of a gigantic mall. "Wow, Los Angeles is amazing." She said in awe. "It's no different from New York." I said as we entered the mall. "Los Angeles is the city of lost angels. It's different." She argued. "New York is home, Los Angeles is just something else." I mumbled but I don't think she heard. 

So the entire day, Emily just dragged me from store to store. I would buy clothes for myself but Emily is literally emptying her pockets. I don't want to come home broke. "I'm hungry, can we stop and eat for a while?" I begged. "If you agree, I'm paying for your lunch." I urged. Her eyes twinkled. "Okay." She said, can you believe this girl? We found our way to the food court and ordered what satisfied us. "CJ?" Emily called. "Er, yeah?" I replied, turning my gaze at her. "Since you and Greyson are, well, not exactly in good terms, would you mind if I give him a shot?" She asked. I stopped myself from spitting my drink. My eyes widened at her question. She cannot be serious. "And I know you won't help me but as your best friend can you...please?" She begged. "As my best friend, don't do it." I said sternly. "Please? You don't like him, maybe this could mend back your friendship. Look at the benefits." She urged. I pursed my lips and gave her a glare. "I don't want to be friends with that git." I said. She sighed, she looked so innocent yet her idea of hooking up with him? I'd rather jump off the empire state building. She looked at me, her eyes pleading with hope. She is my best friend after all, the person who has been there for me all 5 years of my life when he wasn't there. I can' t believe I'm doing this.

"Alright." I said and she cheered that I swear it was the most embarrassing moment of my life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha! Uh-oh, the well awaited meeting of two rivalries wasn't exactly 'great' and, oh, Emily has a fling with Greyson? What could be worse for CJ? Best friend crushing on the ex best friend. That's gonna leave a mark, well, Patrixia is gonna post the next chapter. Hope y'all enjoyed this one, although, it's not much.

Allie out xx

- osnapitzallie