Chapter 26

CJ's point of view

Bob picked us up and we're on the way to the studio. "Hey, can we stop for Starbucks?" I asked. "Of course." Greyson replied genuinely. We stopped by the nearest cafe. I offered to buy his coffee for him. I entered the cafe and the sweet aroma of coffee filled my nose. Well, that sounded hilarious. I ordered three vanilla cappucinos. Of course, I'm going to buy one for Cody. 

Now, let me take a review of what I want to happen here. Greyson, my old best friend thinks that I want our friendship to mend back. You know, this thing I'm planning is a gate way to a lot of positive possibilities. If I act this way for a while, we'll get the chance to return to the mansion. This is brilliant. I'm so clever. "Vanilla Cappucino for CJ." The bartender called. I collected my orders and left the cafe. "That was fast." Greyson said as I occupied the seat next to him. "There weren't much costumers. It's just ten in the morning." I replied, chuckling after. This is making me sick. What I want is revenge but in time, all of this will fall into place. Just be patient, CJ. "What time does Cody expect you to be there?" I asked. "9:00." He replied. "BUT YOU'RE LATE!" I beamed playfully. "Hey, I brought him a surprise. I don't think he'll mind my tardiness." Greyson said in his defense. I chuckled and we're back on the road.

We finally reached the building. I'm excited to see Cody and my dad. I know that I see Cody most of the time but being stuck in that apartment I mentally call hell made me see that only he and my dad are the positive things in my Los Angeles life and I don't get to see my dad everyday. I think the last time I saw him was before I started forcing myself to have a life in that dump. Greyson escorted me into the studio. I immediately saw Cody's tall figure listening to a new track he just recorded. "Cody!" I squealed. "W-what?" He turned and saw me. "CJ!" He said and gave me a bear hug. "You might squeeze the coffee." I breathed out. "Oh, you brought me coffee? Thanks, babe." He said and gave me a soft peck on the cheek. "And you are late." Cody snapped, turning to Greyson. "I brought you a surprise!" He snapped back. "Okay, if this is your peace offering, get your butt in the booth and get a track ready." Cody said. Greyson groaned and collected his music sheets. "CJ!" I heard a voice say. I turned to see my dad. "Dad!" I said and hugged him. "I miss you, dad." I mumbled. "I miss you too, sweetie, but you know this has to be fixed." He said. "I understand." I said. "I heard everything's going great now, is this true?" My dad asked. "Hundred percent, Dad. What you said kind of rang into me and maybe that's just an effect of my emotions." I lied. "That's good, honey. If you keep that up, you'll be back home in no time." My dad cheered. I smiled. "Greyson, are you ready?" My dad asked through the microphone. "Yep." Greyson replied, he put the head phones on and instrumentals started to play.

what's gonna make you fall in love

I know you got your wall wrapped all the way around your heart

don't have to be scared at all, oh my love

but you can't fly unless you let yourself,

you can't fly unless you let yourself fall

I know he's not exactly my favorite person in the world but the song is so beautiful. The song finished and we all clapped outside the booth. "That was great, Greyson. Take a break and we'll continue later." One of the record producers said. Greyson left the booth and one of the studio helpers handed him a bottle of water. "Nice song, bro, when did you write that? Cody asked. "A couple of nights ago. I was asleep on the sofa." Greyson answered. "Inspired?" Cody teased. "Shut up." Greyson replied playfully. I just stared at him with a questioning expression. 

Was it for me?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha, faithful reader. You just read Chapter 26 of Begin Again. If you wish to read the next chapter, twirl like a ballerina while singing You Might Be The One backwards for the next chapter. 

I'm just kidding and I apologize for such a short chapter. I owe you guys one. I just finished music class! Today was our last session. I'm going to miss it. Music school is the only kind of school I like. MIAMI WON GAME 7! CAN YOU HEAR THE ANGELS SING HALLELUJAH? 

PS The song Greyson 'recorded' in the chapter isn't really his song. It's Justin Bieber's. I love that song and the singer, okay? <3

Allie out xx

- osnapitzallie