Chapter 18

CJ's point of view

My dad walked in, his expression was unreadable but I do know it's not happy. "Did I just hear arguing?" My dad asked sternly. I feel like it's a rhetorical question. "CJ, I thought it was just a little fight but hearing that argument doesn't seem small to me." He said. "You were best friends, dear. What happened? You're better than this. I've seen countless down moments between the two of you but how come you can't forgive him?" My dad questioned. "Greyson has been like a son to me, he has been a brother to you. Can't you let a little problem pass?" He added. I love my dad but he doesn't understand. "I have no capability to talk about this subject, dad, but I have my reason why I can't just forgive him. He's done too much." I mumbled the last part but I don't think he heard it. My dad just looked at me, unsure of what to say. Well, I thought he knew that Greyson and I hated each other so bad. "He never acted like my brother. Ever since I left, we lost contact, dad. He didn't want anything to do with me and that's the same thing for me." I defended. "Well, then, I guess we have to settle this." He said and walked away. 

I really love my dad with all my heart but there's no other way. I'm mad at him, I hate him, I loathe him, I despise him, clearly I don't want anything to do with Greyson. We're two things that can't mix. I guess the past was good but it's never coming back. They'd say it's a good memory but whenever I remember it, I just get haunted by the thought of it. I heard a small argument taking place upstairs, maybe that's Greyson and my dad talking. I'm really not going to forgive him. First, he blocked me out of his life completely because of popularity, then, he accused me of being the reason we fell out and he broke my best friend's heart, now she left. He has zero chances of claiming back whatever we had before. I promised I'd make him pay. I know Emily's heart broken but I know she wouldn't want me to do this, apparently, I don't play that way.

I know I sound like a mean person but there's no reason why I should detain my plans of revenge. He's the reason for all the chaos in my life. I turned off the television. They just aired the finale of The Vampire Diaries. They all graduated. So it's season break, no new episodes means watching reruns so, I guess that's good for me. My dad didn't come back down after the argument upstairs died down. I wonder how that went though. I made my way into my room. I sighed, tomorrow's my first morning without my best friend. How can I survive LA without her? Well, I know there's my dad and Cody to stand by me but Emily had always been so fearless and confident about everything. She'd take a dare no matter how humiliating it is. LA is full of things that I could explore, only if I was confident enough for it. The thing is, I'm not.

~

I woke up to the sound of feet. What the--? I sat up and blinked my eyes a few times to regain clear vision from my sleepy blurred ones. Some of our house helpers are packing? Wait, they're packing my stuff? Am I going back to New York? What the hail is happening here? "Oh, good morning, ma'am." One of them greeted, noticing that I was awake. They all turned to me and said their good morning's, I just smiled back, still confused about what's happening. "Why are you guys packing my stuff?" I asked, slightly annoyed. "Sorry, ma'am but these are orders from your dad." One of them answered. Dad?

I darted out of the room and down the stairs, I could be a ninja. I saw my dad drinking coffee as he read the paper like my room wasn't invaded. Like there's nothing unusual at all. "Dad, why?" That's all I could say. I'm pretty sure he knew what I meant. He gave me a smile and place his cup of coffee on the table. "I figured that there might be no other way for you and Greyson to get along. Not in this house and not when there's no act done. Nothing's going to change if no one takes a step forward." Great, almighty words from my dad. That is exactly what I need, please take note of the sarcasm. "You are going to stay with Greyson for a while." He said. My eyes almost fell down from their sockets. Did I just hear that correctly?