Chapter 24

Greyson's point of view

CJ is being awkwardly nice. Last night things were kind of bumpy between us but today she even had the decency to cook me breakfast. That's weird. CJ being CJ, this won't come around without some conspiracy going on. I'm keepin an eye on her, well, I wouldn't call it stalking. I just need to find out why she's doing this and what exactly is she planning. We all know CJ. She's devious and sassy and pretty much a guy in a girl's body. She's not a lesbian, obviously, given the fact that she's dating my best friend but other than that, this isn't her.

Well, she was nice not until you get on her bad side which gets pretty rough and very bumpy. She's difficult to please when she doesn't exactly like you and you have to be different for her to be impressed. CJ doesn't like people who tries to fit in to society. She thinks difference is swaggy. Well, that's how she defines it. She says that people don't have to change into someone everyone else wants them to be so they could impress everyone. I guess that's why she's mad at me. Of course, she's mad at me for leaving her behind while I just bathe in popularity but I guess she's also mad at me because I changed just to fit in. I didn't realize that until now. Maybe she's just trying to shape me back into who I was but I am who I am now. I know that now. I wouldn't dare change for anyone else. That's how I want people to look up at me. I want them to be who they are. Frankly, the lesson I teach my fans is a lesson I learned from my best friend. Well, we used to be.

I guess I owe her that debt. She thought me something I didn't realize until now. I just let my emotions control me because I was mad but I guess now she's reaching out. I wouldn't know that for sure. She's still the one with the clever and devious mind but still, maybe, what I said rang into her or something. 

I headed home after attempting to follow CJ. I decided to return the favor and cook dinner for the two of us. I'm not  fan of cooking but, hey, we learn something new everyday, right? I searched for pasta and some meat balls to add. I guess spaghetti isn't too difficult. I finally found a broiler and heated up the water. I dipped some of the pasta and the water started to boil. This isn't too difficult. Now, how do you cook a meat ball? I stared at the huge ball. Why aren't there any mechanics on the plastic? Wait, who would put mechanics on a meat ball but oreos have mechanics. I'm serious, look at the oreo wrappers. I decided to fry the meat balls, which isn't the right thing to do because the meat ball burnt and smoke started to fill the apartment. The smoke detectors were triggered and water sprinkled everywhere. This is terrific.

I called for pizza instead since my attempt of cooking spaghetti meat balls wasn't a mainstream successful idea. I heard a click by the door and it burst open. "What's that smell?" She asked, blowing away the awful stench. "Burnt meat ball." I replied, embarrassed. "You attempted to cook?" She asked in shock and humor. "The pasta cooked great but the meat balls weren't cooperating." I excused. "What did you do? Fry it?" She asked in disbelief. "No..." I said trailing off. "But the pizza smells great. Let's eat up, I'm hungry." She said and made herself comfortable on the chair. Seriously? Not one sarcastic remark or any rude comments about this? Was she abducted by an alien or something? "So how was your day?" She asked. Now she's asking about my day...this is kind of creeping me out. Well, you said so yourself, right? Maybe she is trying to reach out this time. "It was alright." I said. "Emily's coming back by the way. She said it would be in a month or so and I think she'll be staying somwhere near this area." She announced. A sudden pang of hurt flushed through me. I don't really like Emily. She's nice, sweet and outgoing but it just didn't feel right. I just didn't feel the fireworks and the butterflies. There's just nothing. I'll be honest, Emily is breath takingly beautiful but her beauty isn't that kind that attracts me. It's just different.

I didn't mean to break it to her. I didn't want to ruin our friendship but if I let it through, it would come way out of hand and I can't force myself into something I'm really not willing to live with. I never had the intention to hurt Emily but that's how it happened and the worse part was, I acted like a jerk about it. "Greyson?" CJ said breaking my trance. "Uh yeah?" I asked, snapping my gaze at her. "You might burn a hole in your pizza." She said and chuckled after. "Oh, uh, excuse me for a moment." I said.

I entered the bathroom and just stood there. Emily's going to come back which will probably get guilt to murder me and CJ's being unusually nice but even if I refused to believe it, it's pulling me in. Maybe I just craved for it for so long that it made me jump into this chance.

Maybe she is serious about mending our friendship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This isn't long. I know. I'm so sorry but this chapter was only written on Greyson's point of view. I usually write on CJ's but I don't think you should know what CJ's thinking about at the moment.  So since school will come in a week, my co writer and I won't be able to update as much as we used to. :( School just had to come along and ruin everything. Plus, Miami lost today but Game 7 is home court so they have 90% chance of winning and I'm betting they'd get to the finals. Yes, I'm on Team Miami. Let's just say Basketball is my forte. Anyways, the picture on the side isn't Greyson. It's my boyfriend, Luke Hemmings. Haha, I'm kidding, he's not my boyfriend (but he is in my dreams :P) DIBS ON HIM, OKAY? NO STEALING :P

Allie out xx

- osnapitzallie