CHAPTER TWO√

Theodore

The silence was unnerving, he could hear everything. The muffled laughs of the pack members in the pack house, enjoying their meal. His stomach grumbled and he grasped it firmly, urging it to be silent, the last thing he wanted was for him to come back. Theodore fixed his eyes on the door, fearing the possible. His strawberry blonde hair was tied back in a pony tail, he wore a large black shirt which reached his mid-thigh. He blinked, once, twice and turned to the window. The sun shone brightly into the room, he looked at the lock, to the sides of it, nails stuck out which are there for extra precautions.

The door creaked open and sharply he looked to the intruder, a sigh of relief escaped him as he caught the similar blue gaze but this one was warmer. The girl stepped further in, a small container in her hand, her black hair stopped at her chin and curled outwards. She smiled at him.

"Isabella. "Theodore whispered standing with care, his back hurt, his neck and head, his arms and his legs too. She walked over to him and motioned him not to move.

"Oh, Theo, I'm so sorry." She said like every other day. He smiled sadly.

"Don't be, there was nothing you could have done. "He held her face and kissed her cheek." I'm glad you didn't come, I'd hate for him to have hurt you for my own wrong doing. "She frowned.

"But it wasn't your fault, it was just a bad storm." He shrugged, a sign that he was done with the conversation. She huffed and gave him the container.

"Here, I brought you as much I could," he gazed down at the container she opened to reveal food. It was mash potatoes with a piece of meat and vegetables. He smiled thankfully and took it.

"How did you manage to get it?" She smiled deviously, looking gorgeous.

"I have my ways, "she said it mysteriously and Theodore raised a brow." Fine, " she crossed her arms over her chest," Martha was in charge today and she let me sneak some food to you, besides, Alpha Jeffery is out in the dungeon today. " Theodore nodded sadly. The silence stretched between them, tense because they needed to make sure that nobody was coming towards the room, and the one person other than Jeffery they didn't want to get to them was his best friend and Beta, Carl.

"Thank you, Isabella,"He swallowed with a smile, now he felt full and strong. "You have to go now, I don't want to risk anything."  She nodded in understanding and stood up, walking to the door she paused.

"Theo, "he hummed," you really don't deserve this. "He turned to her with a sad gaze, he looked down unable to look at her." You shouldn't have to go through this. " She unconsciously touched her stomach sadly.

"My parents would have wanted me to stay." Theodore sounded sad, broken and hopeless."I have to stay. "He looked to Isabella who gained a fierce look.

"They are gone, Theo, and I don't think they would have wanted you to stay if they knew what he does to you, "she looked sad and wounded," to us. " Theodore's breath caught. Us. If there was one person he wanted most to escape from here it would be Isabella.

"But I.."

"No, Theodore. " His eyes widened, never has she ever refereed to him by his full name, he knew that now, it meant business," you can't just keep taking this. You are much stronger than him, much more powerful than he will ever be. What are you waiting for? "

"I'm not as strong as you think." She rushed to him, a pleading look in her blue eyes.

"You are, you are stronger than you think and you deserve to be happy. I hate seeing what he does to you, I hate it. You have to promise me, promise me you will stop waiting for him to do something worse, you have to run away from here. "

"I can't,"he croaked out, he could feel the tears forming in his eyes. He didn't want to leave her, she was the only one who he really cared about and who actually cared about him. Leaving would mean leaving her and he didn't have the strength to do that. Her palm held his cheek, she is so very warm, he thought looking up at her smiling sadly.

"You have to. " Then she was gone and he was alone, again, like he always is. She could be right, I could get away, he thought sadly, but she has to come with me. She has to.

He stared at his reflection, the pale grey eyes trailed down to his arms marked with anger, the scars held so much pain, such painful memories. He sat cross legged. He looked at his hair, not the right colour, he thought as he reached for the elastic band which kept it in a pony tail. Then he untied it, letting the soft strawberry blonde hair fall in tendrils around him. He looked like a small child, his eyes wide and scared, his breath caught at the sound of the last step in the stair case which creaked. He turned, his hair whipped around him and the door banged open.

With a squeaked groan, Isabella fell into the room, her face red as she looked up at him with tear stained eyes. The claw marks on her beautiful face bled and mixed with her tears. Theodore looked up at the cynically smiling Jeffery, who brought his hand up to his eyebrow and brushed the edge, the man trailed his eyes up and down Theodore's guarded figure and licked his lips.

"Well, well, well... You will not believe what I just found out. " He stepped fully in and closed the door. Theodore looked at a sniffing Isabella.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered loud enough for him to be heard, seeing her so injured broke him. He wanted to hurt the one who hurt her. A dark chuckle came and he snapped his eyes up to Jeffery who narrowed his blue eyes at him, daring him to do anything.

"You really should learn not to talk to her, I always find out. "Theodore felt his stomach drop, he already knew that Jeffery could find out anything he wanted all he had to do was show his dominance, the other wolf would have no other choice but to do as they are told. He turned his eyes to Isabella who could not meet his gaze.

"So, you want to escape, I would like to see you try. "He kicked his leg out and Isabella gasped. Theodore's eyes widened as she basically flew up and almost hit the wall, he threw his hands out to her and she stopped in mid- air. His breath caught. She levitated gently down and he stared wide eyed at his hands. He shouldn't have done that. "You little shit." Jeffery huffed and clicked his tongue. "I'm going to kill you." He turned only for him to choke as Jeffery held onto his neck in a firm hold and hoisted him up and off the chair. His hair fell behind him and he gasped.

"You shouldn't have done that, "he clawed at the big mans large hand, hoping and praying that he would just let go.

"Pl-pleas-e. Let g-go!" His eyes watered as the man laughed menacingly. Theodore felt himself fall and he hit the ground gasping and choking.

"You're lucky I can't kill you. Yet, "his voice blurred in his head and Theodore blinked. He stared at the ceiling above him before sitting up, staring at Jeffery as he reached for Isabella who was unconscious." But I can kill her. "He whispered while taking her into his arms and throwing her onto the bed, his eyes widened. "But first, I should at least get my fill, don't you think?" He chuckled and Theodore screamed.

The house shook and he bolted to his feet as Jeffery unbuckled his belt but was momentarily surprised by an intense scream. Theodore caught his eye and he lunged at the man, pushing him off of Isabella. He panted before thrusting his hands out in front of him, in her direction. The air whipped around them and a small tornado appeared, Isabella's small body began to drift up, wisps of white formed around her and she began to glow and then she disappeared. The wind stopped and Theodore's swayed,his head pounding that his eyes rolled for a moment before he shook his head. He fell to his knees and then he felt the hit before he saw it and everything turned black. Only one thought echoed in his head: She's safe now.