CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE√

There was a cat like growl, Isabella was frightened. Her eyes were wide, looking into the darkness, trying to find a way out of this mess she was in. The panther crouched lowly, it's golden eyes gleaming as they watched her every move. She put her hand over her small, slightly bulging stomach as she inched back. She offered a growl of her own, trying to warn him to stay away, she could tell it was male.

It watched her, its nose twitching as it stared her down. Then there was a crack of bone and before her a tall handsome male towered over her, he was not muscled but she could tell he was strong, his body was lean and he was tanned. His eyes were a deep shade of green and he was naked, Isabella flushed and her wolf growled.

"Who are you and what are you doing here, mutt? "He spat harshly, his handsome features morphing into disgust.

"I - I... I don't know. I was sent... Here." she whispered as she recalled her last memory,Theodore, she thought broken as a sob broke through her.

"Who sent you here? "He asked more calm.

"A friend of mine." He tilted his head to the side.

"Where are they? "

"I don't know." His face hardened and then he pulled his fist back and pain erupted onto her face before she blacked out.

"He is Carrin's brother. "Isabella said as she recalled her memory. Theodore held her hand, hoping to comfort her." Panthers don't usually travel in a group but they exist. They held me as their prisoner, they thought that I was a spy, thought I had warrior wolves on my trail, which is why when I woke, they were on the move." She finished explaining.

"How many are they?"

"Not many, they are supposed to be extinct, there was about 20 of them, plus minus." Donovan looked at Elijah who seemed in his own world, he sighed.

"They are supposed to be extinct, obviously they have issues on trust and obviously they thought you had others coming after you because our kind is the reason they went extinct in the first place."Arson said. "It still surprises me that their leader actually allowed himself to mate with his wolf mate." He said and sat down, twirling a pencil in his fingers.

"Do you think they will be coming for you? " Isabella shook her head.

"No, I don't think so. They themselves are in hiding, they don't seem like the kind to look for trouble."

"But, we have someone who belongs to them." Arson said looking at Carrin.

"I came here willingly, don't make it seem as though you kidnapped me, knuckle head." Carrin snarled, holding her mate, Synthia to her chest. "Besides, my 'brother' isn't my biggest fan." Everyone turned to her as she spoke for the first time.

"What do you mean? "

"He feels threatened by you, doesn't he?" Winston asked and she nodded her head in agreement searching her head.

"He fears that I will take his place as chief, with us it is different if you are the leader's child. It doesn't matter if your girl or boy, born first or last. If there is more than one child they have to go through a series of challenges to prove that they are worthy of the title in which they fight for. He doesn't want to have to battle it out with me, he feels he deserves it because he actually knows what it feels like to live with the herd, he knows them better than I. "Her eyes flashed gold and everyone looked around and Elijah grinned.

"I think you should go for it." Elijah said and everyone looked to him. "Show him that deserving it isn't about being born into the herd." Carrin smirked.