CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE√

Winston watched as Theodore left them without so much as a glance at him. His heart ached and his emotions were conflicted. He admitted to himself, he never thought Theodore had it in him to do what he had just done. He promised himself in that moment, never to underestimate his mate ever again. He stood, taking deep calming breaths as the warriors surrounded their Alpha.

"Alpha, he needs to be put down. "Marie-Ann said and Winston felt his blood run cold. Could they honestly fear him that much after that?

"I agree, who knows what else he could go insane over, that was completely uncalled for." Winston growled.

"You all would have done the same thing. "They turned to his fierce glare." If any of you had gone through half of what he had, you would have done the exact same thing to ensure that you got your point across. "

"He tried to kill our Alpha, Winston, he may be your mate but come on, he even tried to kill you!" Matt said to him, gaining nods of agreement.

"That's because I failed him as a mate. "He admitted.

"He wouldn't have killed any of you, assholes." Elijah scowled at each of them and they bowed their heads in shame. "He is stronger than you think and he is not a killer. He would never be able to live with himself even if he did, now would you shut up and get over yourselves?" he shook his head.

"But, Alph-"

"Don't 'Alpha'  me, Kellan. You have all seen Theodore and even after such a short time knowing him, he has never shown signs of ever wanting to kill any of you which I don't see why not, sometimes I wonder why I even have to deal with you. "Hurt flashed over their faces."But I love you guys, all, you are my family. Families fight, all the time, they argue and with supernatural people, we even get close to killing one another. Now, get all those thoughts out of your head and focus. Theodore was hurt, badly all his life. He had to deal with that fucker who now wants him back, would you have wanted to stay back and watch everyone fight your worst enemy while you sat back and relaxed?" They began to shake their heads in agreement mumbling 'no'  and Elijah looked to each in turn.

"Exactly, so instead of judging him for going over board, put yourselves in his shoes, because I know for a fact that the pack I've spent over two years with, would never judge a person for doing what they thought was best." He looked at Donovan who stared at him. Elijah gave him a small smile.

"Come one, Donovan, let me nurse you back to health. "He gave him a wink and Donovan rolled his eyes walking over to him.

"You better be naked." He grumbled taking his hand in his as they made their way out of the room.

"Sorry, Winston, I shouldn't have said what I said. I know if it were my mate I would have killed someone for saying that. "Marie-Ann said shamefully, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Ok," Winston said simply, he wasn't sure if he even wanted to forgive any of them, he was still trying to forgive himself for not agreeing with his mate but honestly who could blame him? He only wanted to make sure that his pup was safe as well as his mate. His wolf was growling at him.

-You should never underestimate him. Caesar growled at him.

-I know, I know, OK? Winston sighed sadly.

-No, you don't. You treat him like he is beneath you sometimes, do not forget, he is as much a man as you are, you cannot expect him to want to stay like a good little house wife while you go out and do the more dangerous things. He can protect himself as well as anyone else can.

-I know, OK? Stop making me feel worse about this.

-You have to feel worse. Do not belittle him, Winston, that is the worst thing you could ever do to him. Then he kept quiet and Winston felt worse.