CHAPTER NINETEEN√

There was silence then the thunder began causing everyone to look up at the dark clouds which began to form. Obviously the first thought on everyone's mind was Elijah, and this was associated with sorrow. Donovan looked at his mate with an angry scowl.

"Why do you insist on protecting him? "He asked, continuing to probe for answers to the unwanted question.

"I don't have to explain myself to you," Elijah said blankly, shaking his head while holding his daughter close to his chest and she gurgled and squealed gleefully, seeming oblivious to the tension.

"I am your mate, Elijah. "

"Exactly, Donovan, and being that of which I am to you, does not mean that I should bow down to you. Get off your fucking high horse and open your damn eyes." Elijah shoot back at him, fire in his eyes. The anger radiated off of him in waves, and Winston wanted nothing more for them to resolve whatever hidden agenda they had behind this conversation because it was obvious to him that this was more about something else than Angus.

"Alpha's, I thin-"Winston began before Donovan growled at him in warning.

"Shut up, Beta Winston. "He said with authority." As your Alpha, I ask that you tell me why Angus DraLuca deserves to live. "He directed to Elijah who reared his head back, the grass around him turned black and flames erupted from the blackened ground, waving around him dangerously, seeming to whisper terrible promise and the pack members stepped back, each of them begging their Alpha to calm down.

"You seem to forget, Donovan Phoebe, "he sounded different, his aura was different and it scared the living day lights out of everyone." I am not a wolf, you are not my Alpha. I am not at your bloody command. "Elijah's eyes turned a clear bright silver after, his daughter clapped her hands before throwing her hand up and the rain began to fall.

"But, head my warning, Alpha, you kill Angus, you kill a dear friend." It was like a bomb hand been dropped. The clouds shifted and the thunder crackled loudly, breaking the silence. The rain hit the ground, they began to soak and Elijah looked down at his daughter and smiled.

"Danielle, you seem to be a natural, huh? "He cooed before turning away from everyone and moving to the pack house.

"Alpha, are you okay?" Arson asked lowly and Donovan growled before shifting into his great white wolf and bounding for the forest and Elijah froze, rising his head before turning it to the side slightly.

"Winston, please will you lead four warriors to the west boarder. We seem to have company. "Winston nodded compliantly before mind linking warrior guards to meet him there.

Elijah gave Theodore a look, one of knowing, reserved only for him and he seemed to understand it too. Isabella, he thought while biting his lip before following after Elijah who sat on the couch in the living room. The pack children surrounded him with small smiles and he grinned at them.

They softly ran their little fingers over the Alpha's daughter, Danielle's tiny face and feet as she cooed and squealed, enjoying the attention. Theodore sat as close as the children would allow him and they looked to the other baby in his arms, Kathryn. Theodore looked at Elijah who was smiling at the little children.

"He can be so infuriating sometimes. "He began, knowing the children wouldn't really understand most of what he was talking about or even care enough to ask.

"He was only worried about his pack." Theodore said reasonably and Elijah looked up at him, a look of indifference and it made his bow his head down like a child.

"And what about me? Do I not worry for them too? "His tone was soft but his words radiated pain." I know it is difficult, having someone who knows more but can't share, I know it can be frustrating but, do you honestly think I don't ever feel the urge to tell him everything? Down to the end? "Theodore looked up at his pained blue eyes." Everything in this world is pain, "he said it more to himself than to Theodore so he kept quiet and listened. Elijah stood and walked over to the corner which they set up for the babies, he set his daughter down and Theodore followed, tucking his shoulder length hair behind his ear.