CHAPTER TWENTY√

The house was silent as he entered. His eyes scanned the living room, landing on his mate who had his knees to his chest, staring at his hand, fingering his ring. Donovan stepped in, closing the door behind him.

"I don't like fighting with you, "Elijah spoke before he could open his mouth to apologise for his pig headed and superior behavior from the day before." But then, sometimes you question me like a criminal and I can't help but fight back. " He hugged his knees to him. Donovan frowned.

"I don't mean to make you feel that way." He said softly and all he got was a hum in return as Elijah set his chin on his knees. "I'm sorry, Elijah, really, I am."

"Me too, "he whispered but it seemed that he was apologising for more than just standing up to him, challenging him earlier." I am sorry. "Donovan walked over to him, ready to forgive and forget. He swooped down and took him into his arms, holding him gently to his chest.

"I love you, Donovan, never forget that." Elijah stared deep into his blue eyes.

"I love you more. "And he meant it, he honestly couldn't not love him, but he knew that saying it only reassured him. Elijah leaned up and kissed him gently and Donovan groaned, loving the taste of his mate. They kissed, their tongues clashing and they moaned. Elijah dug his fingers into Donovan's hair, pulling him closer, he wrapped his legs around his waist and began to grind against him.

It might be the last time, it might not, but he just knew he had to make the most of it because sooner or later the earth would claim what it rightfully deserves. Donovan trailed soft kisses up and down his neck as he looked over his shoulder at the pictures around their fire place, all memories of them together in different places, with different people but mainly together. He saw one of Christian and smiled only for his eyes to flutter and a growl to leave Donovan.

He looked at his hand which for a brief moment was blackened with ash. He blinked softly before tearing at the clothes on Donovan's back and his own. He would go soon and before then, he would atleast have felt his mate deep inside of him, feel the pulsing heat of his flesh, hear the desperate passion of his words.

"I love you, Donovan. So so, very much. "He said with desperate need as his insides clenched and his entrance fluttered. He loved him and he would always love him.

*****

Theodore couldn't help but stare at her beautifully outgrown black hair. His mind was reeling, questions floating about. Where had he sent her? Who had originally found her? Had they been nice? Did she hate it there? Was her mate among them? He just couldn't believe his eyes. Lightly, he brushed his fingers over her pinky where they had made so many promises to one another. He smiled at the memory of the times she used to be happy, used to be less serious.

"There you are. "He turned hesitantly, knowing who it was already. He smiled widely at his mate." I've been looking for you. Have you eaten? " Theodore blushed and shook his head, his thoughts running to how their day had started, tangled up in their sheets, naked as the day they were born. He flushed and turned back to Isabella.

"I just wanted to be there when she woke up." Winston walked into the room and picked him up, putting him in his lap.

"You can be, but not on an empty stomach. "Theodore looked down at him and suddenly the urge to speak was strong. The urge to tell him everything was there and he wanted nothing more than to let him know.

"I love you, Winston." He whispered and snuggled into his embrace. He wrapped his arms around his waist as he laid his head on his chest.

"I love you too. "Theodore smiled, loving how honest he sounded. He decided then to tell him how things were while he was with Jeffery. It seemed a better time than any.

"Jeffery was a cruel man," he began, staring at Isabella's flat stomach. "I never thought people could ever be so mean."

"Theo... "he trailed off, not even knowing himself what he wanted to tell him and Theodore smiled.

"It's OK, I think, it's best you know everything, as much as I can tell really." He took a deep breath. "I was adopted by my parents, the Alpha felt it was a bad idea at the time because, being human, I couldn't really know about wolves unless I was mated to one." Winston nodded along, his hand rubbing up and down his back.

"They realise I wasn't human, well, not by normal standards when I was 10, that's when I accidentally broke my mothers favourite vase, I was upset and it just...exploded. They decided to let me know then with the Alpha's permission. His son, well, Jeffery grew interested in me at the age of 17, he was Alpha by then because his father died in a rogue attack, anyway, he wanted power, he was so greedy. "He whispered the last part." I have always specialized in nature, you know, the natural elements, flowers and animals are my favourite, that's where I'm at my strongest, but I can still do other things, levitation, telekinesis etcetera. He thought I could make him strong, give him power.

"I couldn't. When he took over after his father. Things changed, drastically. He locked me up in his room, afraid my mate might exist in his pack and thus, wanted to prevent our meeting, afraid it would give me...hope. "He buried his face in Winston's neck," he changed everything. Males dominated over everything, what they said goes but the Alpha was above them of course. They took in many mates or at least play things. They became cruel, but, not all of them did like he wanted them to. My father however, he was among those who agreed with how Jeffery made things. He would... He would take in boys 16-19 and he would...have sex with them, in front of my mother. "He sniffed and Winston growled tightening his arms around him.

"Why didn't anyone contact the werewolf Kingdom. The king would have put a stop to it." Theodore shrugged.

"I don't know, really. Everyone grew to fear him, he would have killed them if they did. He started take people's mates and raping them just for the fun of it. Many tried to run away but he caught them and killed them...and their entire family, " he shook his head," people couldn't think about that when they worried their families would die. "He sat up."Isabella was my only friend, you know that?"

"I guessed, "Winston said softly.

"I knew her since I was 8 and she has always been there for me but I... I couldn't even protect her well enough." Theodore allowed for a single tear to roll down his face, "he raped her... His own sister, he raped and she fell pregnant." Winston's breath caught. Theodore decide, even though personally he didn't remember, he would leave out the business with Elijah, the fact that he was centuries old and that he basically raised him before allowing him to come live on earth,because he hardly understood how it was possible.

"I will kill him. "Theodore smiled softly.

"I feel that would be to much of a way out than punishment." He said, the first time ever feeling hate and loathing eating away inside of him.

"Theodore, look at me. "He turned to him, his hand cupped his thick neck." I don't blame you for thinking that way, okay? You are angry and you have every right to be. "He nodded his head," I love you, Theodore and really, that is all that matters. "Theodore smiled and bit his lip, deciding not to say anything about how he had murdered his mother right in front of him. He might not have been biologically hers but the love he felt towards her was real enough to him.

"How about I go feed you now? "Theodore giggled and nodded his head, clinging to Winston as he stood up. They shared a kiss, one of love, lust and longing and Winston growled deeply in his throat." Come one, before I claim you in this room. "Theodore peaked his lips before trailing soft kisses down his jaw as he turned to walk out of the room. Theodore stared at Isabella's sleeping form as she opened her eyes sleepily blinking.

He smiled at her and she looked at him dazed before her eyes fluttered closed again. Later, Issie. He thought to himself as Winston put his hand into his shirt, firmly digging his fingers into his back.