CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX√

Elijah walked over to Donovan who sat in the living room, looking through a newspaper. He swallowed and tried to stop his rapidly beating heart. Now was the time, if he didn't do it now, he was risking the love the man had for him as well as his anger. Donovan looked up at him.

"Elijah, are you okay? Your heart is beating rather fast, is everything alright? "He stood, his hazel coloured eyes shimmering with concern as he stepped forward. Elijah took his hand and lead him back to the couch, allowing him to sit down so he could straddle his lap.

"I have something to tell you, something...big." He whispered closely, his breath fanning his face. His eyes shimmered with unshead tears.

"What is it? "Donovan asked, his wolf pacing within him, whining and whimpering. His arms tightened his arms around Elijah's waist who sighed and leaned back.

"You have a choice to make, Donovan." He said, laying it down slowly for him. "You either let me do it now, or make me wait longer." Donovan grew anxious.

"Would you please just tell me? "He said desperately.

"I am dying, Donovan." His breath caught as he felt his entire world come crashing down.

"I - I don't understand, Elijah. What... What are you saying? "His eyes filled with tears as he stared at his mate and he growled as Elijah closed his eyes and allowed his own tears to fall. He sighed and Donovan watched as his mate's face turned black, the skin ripping away slowly and Elijah opened his eyes, bright and blue it made the enter scene look oddly horrifying and beautiful. He shook his head. "No, Elijah please!" He flipped him, making Elijah's back collide with the couch.

"I'm sorry, Donovan, really I am. "Donovan sniffed, staring at Elijah's now perfect face, not a dark mark in place, but he could still see it, he felt disgusted.

"No! You're not! How long?" he cried, his tears falling onto Elijah's face.

"If I wait, three months top. "Elijah said truthfully.

"Three months, so we have three months, ok, we need to make the most of it, right?" Donovan pulled him closer, hugging him. "You can't leave me, I won't survive." His arms tightened around his waist and Elijah sighed.

"You have a choice, Donovan. "

"To what?"

"Let me die now, peacefully on my own, " Donovan shook his head vigorously, not even wanting to hear it." Or wait three mont-"

"Three months. "He said without any hesitation.

"Would you let me finish?" Donovan pursed his lips together, tears falling rapidly from his eyes, his wolf howled with agony and panic. "If I die in three months it will not be by choice, therefore it will be painful, unbearable and I don't think you'll be able to live with yourself if you knew how it looked like before hand."

"If I lose you, who will take care of our children? I will turn rogue, Elijah, then what? Everyone will be destroyed! "Elijah touched his cheek and smiled.

"I know, Donovan, but, I won't be to far away." He kissed him and Donovan gasped as he saw things he never wanted to see again.

"Elijah! "He yelled in agony. He watched as an invisible force held him in his spot as he watched in horror and agony. Everyone of his pack members were incapable of movement, but they were trying to, all yelling for their Alpha as their wolves took over with only one thing in mind, protect the Alpha.

Elijah howled in pain as he fell to his knees, a sickening crack sounding in the air and everyone howled up to the darkened sky. Elijah brought his hands up to his face as he stared wide eyed and tear stained. His skin turned black and piece by piece it began to tear away, floating into the air around him. Fire came from the ground and burned him down.