Chapter 12 - One more chance

(Daisy's POV)

In front of me stood my whore of a mother. To my left was my new boyfriend, Logan. To my right was a nurse who checked my stats. My mother's eyes were pleading with me as Logan gently wrapped his strong arms around my small damaged body. I wore a pair of studded shorts and a blue plaid button up with a white tank top underneath. Once the nurse left my mother started to talk.

"During one of my uh late night sessions I met a lady who had a baby a few years ago. She said she had two children. A 19 year old who hated her and a 2 year old who didn't know her. She said she regretted giving them up because she realized that her daughter, the 19 year old, hadn't been a mother before and she wouldn't know how to care for her other daughter, the two year old." She said wringing her hands together and softly shifting her weight from foot to foot. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to be in yours and Wynter's life." I glared at her taking another bite of my ice-cream.

"No." I muttered before licking the spoon clean. "I've been-hold this please." I handed the bowl of ice-cream to Logan and let him eat some. "I've been watching over Wynter since he was born because his fucking whore of a mother didn't want him! If that means I have to sit here and care for him 24/7 I will!"

"I know you hate me but please give me a chance." I shook my head letting Logan feed me some ice-cream. "Why not?" She asked.

"You're unfit to be a mother." I growled. She nodded.

"I know but I'd like to try and fix that." A tear slipped down her face.

"I'll give you one fucking chance to step up and take care of your fucking children. After Halloween." She went to hug me but I pushed her off. "Do not fucking touch me." She nodded and thanked me before leaving.

"You're so nice." Logan whispered in my ear before kissing me gently. "Scooch over." Slowly I shifted myself so Logan could lay down next to me and feed me ice-cream. "Are you going to participate in the haunted house?" I shrugged licking the ice-cream off the spoon.

"Probably." Logan smiled at me. "What?" I asked as he set down the bowl and pulled me closer to him.

"You're beautiful." He whispered kissing me passionately. "Even with the injuries you are the most beautiful girl in the world." I felt my cheeks heat up as blood rushed to them.

"You two are just so adorable." I jumped slightly as Shay interrupted the quiet. "The fans have told me they were already shipping you." I laughed burying my head in Logan's chest. "What is shipping?" He asked sitting in the chair next to my bed.

"It's when you take two people and you make them have a relationship." Shay made a small sound that kind of sounded like a laugh. "Don't start shipping people." I warned him. "It gets quite addicting."

2 days until release from hospital.