Chapter 8 ~ Hospitals and Wrecked Cars

~Shay's POV~

Rolling up the windows I pushed Zeke farther into the car before jumping out. Colette and Logan stood, both screaming, as firefighters and paramedics rushed to Daisy's flame covered body. I screamed for my wife but she wasn't looking. That's when I realized something. Jumping the guard rail I rushed to Colette.

        "Did she have Wynter in the truck?! Did she??" I asked, shaking her lightly. She shook her head and reached in the car, still sobbing, and pulled out a sleeping Wynter in a bear costume.

        "Logan and t-the boys we-were sleeping wh-when we l-left!" She answered and I tuned to watch as paramedics gently placed her charred body onto a stretcher.

        "Attention! All family members here of this girl please come over for information!" A firefighter yelled through a megaphone and we all rushed over to him. Logan spoke first though.

        "I'm her boyfriend." He said and I looked at him. Was he really Daisy's boyfriend? "This is her baby brother" He whispered pointing to Wynter who was now crying.

        "Keep the baby with you guys. What's your name, son?" The firefighter asked and went back to speaking after he was told Logan's name. "Come with me." Logan nodded hopping into the back of the ambulance. They then shut the door and started to drive away. "You guys her parents?" He asked.

        "No. We're just friends with her. I'm Shay and this is my wife Colette." I explained before looking at the semi driver who was getting treated in another ambulance. The little girl who had run out into the road now held the small kitten in her arms as her mother talked to the driver of the semi.

       "Aright. She's going to the hospital right off this highway. You know her name?"

        "Um yeah. Daisy. I forgot her last name though. She has blood type O negative." I said before starting to walk over to the semi driver and the mother. Colette followed with both Wynter and Daxton in her arms. I gently took Wynter.

        "Thank God I told her to leave Wynter with Logan and Daxton. He would have died instantly." Colette sobbed and I smiled at her, trying to cheer her up.

        "Hey... um I'm sorry for hitting your daughter's truck. I didn't see her coming and I didn't step on the brakes early enough." The semi driver said and I shook my head.

        "She's not my daughter but I treated her like one. This is her little brother though." I said holding Wynter a little higher.

        "Oh. Well I hope she gets better. Did they tell you which hospital they were taking her to? My wife is a news reporter and I think she would be able to convince her boss to do this story. If you don't mind." He said and I nodded.

        "I don't mind. They said they were taking her to the one right off the highway. Do you um do you need a ride?" I asked and he nodded.

        "Let me just call my wife and ask her to meet us down there. So she can figure out what happened." He explained and I nodded pointing to my truck.

        "I have my dog Zeke with me so you'll have to ride with my wife, Colette. Her car is over there." I pointed to Colette's car and he nodded taking his phone out. We left then.

~Logan's POV~

As they rushed Daisy into emergency surgery I dropped to my knees. Daisy would either die or be in a coma. That's what a paramedic told me. Daisy had broken both ankles and legs, her right wrist, and was burnt to a crisp from head to toe. They said her body was in shock from the accident, that she hadn't been able to cope so her body shut down. The paramedics intubated (Spelling?) her to help her breathe in the ambulance a mere 4 minutes ago.

        "LOGAN!!" Shay yelled and I turned my head to see the semi driver, Shay, Colette, the babies, and the little girl standing behind me. "How is she?? Where is she?" Shay asked and I shook my head, trying to clear it."

        "They just took her in for surgery. She has two broken legs and ankles, a broken wrist, and she's burnt to a crisp. Her body shut itself down only minutes ago." I explained and he nodded before pulling me into a chair and placing Wynter into my arms. Wynter had cried himself to sleep, the tear tracks still present on his chubby cheeks. I knew form TV shows that burn victims were sprayed with cold water to test if their nerves still worked. I knew they would do that to her.

        "Daddy? What happened to Daisy?" I snapped my head to the side to see another little girl standing by the semi driver.

        "Sh-she got in a accident, Belle." The driver looked up. "Um I'm Tony and this is my wife, Anna and my daughter, Belle." He explained and I nodded.

        "How does she know Daisy?" I asked.

        "She watches Daisy's videos" Anna responded. I nodded, many people here in Pocatello watched Daisy's vlogs and her gaming videos. They had found out that she was born here so they decided to check her out.

        "Ah Logan. So I have both bad and good news. Would you like to hear the bad news first?" The doctor who was working with Daisy's body almost an hour ago said as he pushed the doors open and looked down at his clipboard.

        "Might as well." I whispered and looked up at him.

        "She is in a coma and probably will be in one for the rest of her life." He said and I whimpered. She was my friend. My new dream.

*A/N Yay chapter 8 is done!!! Anyone catch the Tangled referance??? Comment what it was! Next chapter should be up on 11/9/14 around 11:00 pm. New chapter name: Chapter 9 ~ Coma Dreams*