He's okay now

Lucas' POV

"Luke, you need to take your bags out to dad!" Mom yells upstairs. Since I'm all better now, they let me pick where I want to go for a family vacation, so we're going to Atlantis the water park.

I run downstairs with my bags and hand them to dad when I get to the car. He takes them, and I get in the back next to Ari and Bri, who is talking to herself in her car seat.

"Everybody ready?" Dad asks getting in the car. We all say yes and he starts driving towards the airport. Mom and dad decided that since we want the vacation to be private we're taking a private jet which is really cool. We get to the airport and board the jet. I'm stuck next to Ari, but luckily she just listens to her music the whole way.

Jen's POV
"What's wrong, baby?" I ask Bri who's been crying for 5 minutes now "Don't you like flying?" She isn't happy about something.

"Try feeding her again." Brad is starting to get annoyed by all the crying. I situate her so that she can eat, and she finally gets quiet. Brad of course has to make a comment about how he's right.

"See, I'm always right," he smirks as he leans over to kiss me. I just laugh at him, and wait for Bri to fall back asleep so I can't sleep the rest of the flight.

"Just remember, we have a key for your room, so don't try to do anything stupid." I remind Ari and Luke once we reach our rooms. They're right across the hall from us.

"When do we get to go to the water park?" Luke asks excitedly.

"Soon, buddy." I laugh as I shut their door, and walk over to our room to unpack. Brad already has Bri sleeping in her crib, and is starting to unpack our clothes. He's horrible at this, and things are laying all over.

"Here, I got it out a while for you." He's holding one of the bathing suits that I brought with "I may have made a mess while finding it though." He thinks this is funny, but our hotel room looks like a tornado hit it, and we've only been here 10 minutes. I quickly put the bathing suit on, and wait for Brad to get his, then we dress Bri. She obviously can't swim, but she still looks really cute.

"Hurry up! I need to tan!" Ari yells as her and Luke pound on our door. They're very impatient.

We leave our room and make our way to the water park where Brad takes Luke on all the rides, and Ari and I lay on the fake beach with Bri to tan. It's so beautiful here.

"Aren't you going on any of the rides?" I can't go on because somebody has to stay with Bri, but it's weird that Ari didn't go with them.

She nods her head "I just wanted to relax today, I figures I'll go on another day."

We spend the rest of the day switching between tanning and going in the water for a little until it's time to meet up with Brad and Luke for dinner.

"Remember," I hear Brad whisper to Luke "Your mother doesn't find out about today." I chose not to ask what he's talking about, but I think I already know it. There was one ride that they both wanted to go on, but is really dangerous so I said Luke couldn't, but Brad probably took him on anyway. He thinks that makes him cool.

Brad carries Bri, and we follow him into what is supposed to be a nice restaurant, but of course we're all wearing swim suit cover ups. Oops.

"Mom, they're staring at us!" Ari complains. She's right, people are looking at us like we're the annoying people who show up at a fancy restaurant in swim wear, and I guess they're right. This is really uncomfortable.

"Brad, we're gonna go change, we'll be back soon." Ari and I get up from the table. We already ordered, so we don't need to be there anyway.

"5 minutes," I remind her as we reach our rooms "Change quickly." I throw on a casual dress that I brought with, and brush my hair so that I look better, then meet Ari in the hall. She did the same as me, and we look much better than before. We hurry down to the restaurant because we're starving, and make it just in time. Our food just arrived.

"So what did you two do today?" Brad asks us. He doesn't seem too interested in the answer.

"We tanned, and swam a little. Bri didn't like the water too much." I notice him turn his interest from me to Bri very quickly. He really loves her.

"What about you guys?" Ari asks them "What did you do?"

"We went on a lot of rides, and dad got us kicked out of a gift shop while we were looking for gifts for you guys." Luke totally rats out Brad "But then we took me on that scary ride so I wouldn't tell you..." he gets silent realizing what he just did.

"You got our son kicked out of a gift shop?!?" I yell furiously at Brad once we're in our room "And then you did something else that could have hurt him to get him to lie to me? How could you do that?!"

"Jeez, Jen calm down, he's fine!" He laughs at me "The lady working there was a grump, she couldn't take a joke." He thinks this is funny.

"I know he is, but this isn't the stuff he should be seeing or doing. He's 9, Brad, not 19! He should be having fun and doing normal kid things. Not getting kicked out of stores and going on dangerous rides!" I remember that Bri is ride next to where we're standing trying to fall asleep "What if something would have happened Brad? We almost lost him a few weeks ago, I don't want to think about that possibility again." I get very emotional about this topic.

He walks over to me wrapping his arms around me and comforting me "I'm not going to let anything else happen to him that could kill him. I know you went through a lot when that happened and it was hard on all of us, but we can't keep him in a bubble." He always knows how to make me feel better about things like this "We're here to forget about all of that, let's just try to have fun."

"You're right," I look up and kiss him "Let's just move on from it."