Beach

"Wake up time!" Bri yells as loud as she possibly can while tapping both Brad and I. "We go beach!"

"Yeah princess, but later." Brad pulls her closer to him for a side hug "It's time to sleep now so you aren't tired at the beach." After some crying, she gives in and sleeps for another hour before we have to get ready to meet Brad's parents.

"Do you guys have everything?" I ask the kids as Brad puts Bri in her car seat "If not we aren't coming back."

"Yeah, lets go!" Ari yells as she pulls Jane and William into the car, holding the door open for the rest of us. I laugh as I get into the front next to Brad and he starts to drive. Everyone in the back is talking to each other about what they're going to do when we get there, and Jane and William are laughing at the things they suggest.

We get to the beach, and the kids jump right out of the car, and run up to the water where they wait very impatiently for us like they've never been to a beach before. Bri jumps out of Jane's arms to follow her brother and sister, and runs right into the water fully clothed with shoes and everything.

"Baby why'd you do that?" I ask as I watch William chase her down and get her out of the water "Now all your clothes are wet." She completely ignores everything I'm saying, and reaches out of William's arms for Brad, who isn't very happy either. He takes her, but she quickly realizes he isn't happy either and jumps out of his arms to sit away from us sulking. We decide to let her do that, and join everyone else in playing beach ball volleyball. We make it girls against boys with me watching from the side. When Bri decides to join us she "helps" the girls team by taking the ball and running with it anytime she gets it. The only good thing is that it's drying her clothes. 

"Let's go swimming, baby." I walk Bri to one of the changing areas along with Jane and Ari so we can all change into bathing suits.

"Momma change?" Bri asks as I struggle with her to get her bathing suit on. "Yeah, baby I'm changing." I answer as I finally get it on her. She sits on the floor playing with her pool toys while I change, squeezing into a bathing suit and we meet everyone else on the beach when we're done.

"Hey, babe," I pull Brad over to the side "Is this on right? It's really tight." I'm probably just too big for it.

"Yeah, I think so." He fixes the straps a little "It looks a little uncomfortable."

"The last 9 months have been uncomfortable." I mumble walking back to the kids.

"Okay, princess, you can swim now!" Brad walks into the water with Bri. She jumps right out of his arms to jump around with Luke, and Jane and I sit in the sand as everyone watches them.

"Y'know, maybe leaving Brad and William alone with them wasn't the best idea," She points out how they are trying to float on the beach ball, and keep failing "I'd like my grandchildren to live past this day."

I laugh watching the funny scenes in front of me "Well, at least Bri has her floating on. The other two can swim." She laughs back as we continue to watch them, and I start to take some pictures so they can see how dumb they all look.

"Are they excited?" Jane asks "About the baby?"

"Yeah, I think now that there's only a month they're starting to realize everything is gonna change soon."

"What about you and Brad?" She looks out to see him playing with the kids "Is he as excited as he was with them?"

"I think maybe more than he was with them," I laugh "I'm just ready to not be pregnant anymore. I'm too old for this." We sit in silence for a while watching them until Luke interrupts us.

"Mom! Grandma! Come swim!"

We get up and walk into the ocean joining everyone in swimming around. I make my way over to Brad where I stand watching everyone since it's getting harder for me to be moving around.

"You think we can get them to watch her tonight?" Brad wraps his arms around me as we watch Bri "fight" with his parents over something.

"What about all of them?" I ask surprising him "I need a break from their drama." He laughs as we watch the kids start a water fight that turns into them tackling each other and yelling.

"Maybe it's time for lunch," William suggests as he carries Bri out of the water "I think we're hungry."

We all walk out to where Jane set up the picnic for us and sit around to eat.

"So," Jane looks over at Brad and I "Did you guys ever think of names?"

"Yeah, we finally agreed on two." Brad answers "Kylie Anne for a girl, and Lewis John for a boy."

"Those are cute!" Ari adds "I still think Bri's ideas where better though."

"Yeah, me too." Luke agrees.

"I was not about to name my child 'Chocolate' or 'Dog'. She can do that herself." I add making them laugh "Besides, she's changed her mind about 10 times since then."

"Chocolate is unique," William jokes "I think Bri should have fought for it."

"Oh she did," I look down at Bri who is using my belly as her pillow "Right, baby?"

"Yeah! But you say no." She starts to get upset "Daddy too."

"But what did we tell you?" Brad asks trying to remind her of our compromise.

"A cat!" She jumps up out of excitement.

Everyone looks at us confused, so I clarify for them, "We told her she could get a kitten and name it 'Chocolate'. She keeps asking us when we can get it now, but I guess we forgot to tell you two."

"Yeah, I think you did." Ari and Luke look over at us surprised "But we like cats."

"Well, I hope you like babies too."