Mother's Day

I wake up later than usual noticing that the house seems very quiet. Brad is not next to me, kids aren't fighting in the next room, and even Bri isn't attached to me at the hip complaining.

"Mommy!" Bri yells excitedly as I walk down the steps. I follow her into the kitchen where I see a cake, some presents, and cards.

"Where is everyone?" I ask Bri, who in return pulls me towards the living room. We walk in to see Brad, Ari, Luke and my mom all sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"Happy Mother's Day!" They all yell as I walk in. I thank them as I sit down next to Brad with Bri laying on me.

"We thought we'd let you sleep in a little," my mom smiles at me from across the room "They surprised me too earlier."

"Yeah," Ari adds "We figured she's nicer in the morning than you are."

"Well, she probably is." I laugh "So what did you get me? I wanna see it!"

They all go out to get the presents leaving my mom and I alone in the living room. She moves over closer to me while we wait. I take this as an opportunity to pull my hidden chocolate out from the coffee table.

"You want some?" I point the bag towards her "He'll somehow find out if I eat it all anyway."

She laughs as she takes a handful of chocolate "I think you deserve to eat it anyway. Especially today. Were you gonna do anything special?"

"I didn't really have anything planned." I sit up a little adjusting myself so that I'm more comfortable "I haven't really felt like doing much lately."

"Aw, well hopefully that goes away soon," She rests her hand on my swollen belly "Is it always moving like this?"

"Pretty much, yeah." I lay my hand next to hers "Brad thinks it's a boy because Luke was always moving too. I hope it is."

"That would be nice that you'd have 2 of each."

Bri runs back into the room with a bouquet of roses the size of her and hands them to me "Here mommy!!"

"Thank you, baby." I pick her up setting her next to me "I love them!" She mumbles something before jumping over to my mom's lap.

"We get her oder fowers," She tells me "They pink!"

"You did, honey, and I love them!" My mom leans down and kisses her "I loved all your gifts!"

Brad walks in carrying the cake with Luke and Ari following with presents. He sets the cake down on the table and hands me a card from him and the kids.

I open it and read the cute message inside, then open a gift card that I'm told is for my mom and I to go get our nails done. The next three are homemade gifts from Ari, Luke and Bri. One is a homemade picture frame that Bri made with the finger prints and other drawings all over it. The other two are also homemade; a small photo album from Ari full of pictures of the two of us, and from Luke a box filled with my favorite candy, and a funny note on the inside of the box from him.

"I love them all!!" I pull all the kids closer for a hug "Thank you!"

Brad leans over the kids to kiss me "Now get out of here and have a fun day with your mom!" I kiss him back then hand him Bri and go upstairs to get ready.

30 minutes later, I pull into the parking lot of my favorite salon with my mom next to me. We walk in and start to pick out our nail-polish colors. I look at a few, but can't decide which I want, so I turn to my mom.

"Which do you like more? I can't decide."

She studies them for a while before picking the one with the purple hue, "I think this one will look great on you." I help her pick out the color she wants, and then we sit down and wait.