Teenagers

"Come on Bri, you love apple sauce!" I make faces as I push the spoon near her mouth. She shakes her head no, and refuses to eat it. Ever since she's old enough to eat more than just breast milk she's been very stubborn.

"Hi, Jen!" I look over to see Ari and her friends walk towards me. They're sleeping over tonight and must have just gotten here. They all play with Bri for a minute, and one of them, Hailey, even gets her to eat a little.

"So, what are you girls doing tonight?" They have something planned, I can see it in their faces.

Ari looks up at me quickly "Just normal sleepover stuff." She then pulls the 3 of her friends away and they walk up towards her room. I make a mental note to check in on them in a while.

"Okay, let's try this again." I move the spoon towards Bri's mouth. She's laughing, so this time it's open, but she just spits the food back out. I sigh giving up and take her out of her high chair.

Brad and Luke walk in through the back door and Luke runs right up to Bri while Brad walks over to me.

"Did you miss me?" He wraps his arms around my waist laughing at himself.

I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck kissing him "Very much." We stay in our embrace long enough for the girls to come downstairs surprising us.

"Gross, guys!" Ari stands at the kitchen entrance with her friends behind her. Brad and I take the hint and break apart.

"Sorry, girls." I fix my shirt as I try to brush off what just happened "What's up?"

"We just wanted you to order our pizzas."

"I'll call in a few minutes." They shrug off what just happened and go back up to Ari's room leaving Brad and I alone since Luke took Bri to the living room to play.

"We gotta be more careful." I laugh once I know they're far away. He joins in "Yeah, I think we might have scared her friends." They did look a little scared. He takes his phone out to order their pizzas and I go back to what I was doing before they got home. We end up joining Luke and Bri in the living room after we're done, and watch them playing with each other.

Bri climbs up on Brad's lap and tries to take the crackers that he has in his hands.

"Didn't mommy feed you today?" He asks giving her a tiny piece. She nods her head no.

"Somebody didn't wanna eat what I tried feeding her." I take her from Brad "Right, honey?" She laughs and starts tugging on my shirt wanting milk.

"Here." Brad hands me one of Bri's small blankets so I can be covered while feeding her incase the girls come back down.

"You're almost one, kid, don't think I'm gonna be doing this forever." I look down at her as she eats not caring at all about what I just said.

Ari's POV:
"You guys brought the hair dye, right?" I ask Hailey, Georgia and Mari. They all nod and pull it out of their bags. I walk into my connecting bathroom to get the dye I bought.

"So, when are we gonna do it?" Mari asks.

I look at the time "It has to be after my parents and Luke go to bed so they don't find out."

As if on cue, mom knocks on my door. We all hide the hair dye just in time for mom to open my door.

"Just wanted to let you girls know we're going to bed." She looks around the room quickly then back at me "Just try to be quiet, we just got your sister to sleep." I promise her we'll try, and she shuts the door walking towards her bedroom. I wait until I hear that door shut and her and dad talking to pull the hair dye back out.