No Luck

"Lewis, what are you doing?  You aren't supposed to be in here alone." I carry him out of our bedroom "Why aren't you playing with Bri?"

"Bri mean!" He yells, kicking me to let him down "I not play."

"Okay, why is Bri mean?  What happened?"

He shrugs his shoulders and runs off to his room to play with his own toys.  I follow him to make sure that he isn't breaking anything before walking downstairs to make dinner. 

"Do you guys want spaghetti or tacos?"  I ask Ari and Luke who are supposedly working on homework "Dad said it's up to you."

They look at each other to see what the other one wants before finally agreeing and answering me. 

"Spaghetti, but this time don't burn the noodles." Ari answers.

"Haha, just for that you get a few of my famous burnt meatballs... and do the dishes." I smirk, getting the ingredients out "Unless you want to make it yourself."

"NO!" Luke quickly puts an end to the idea "I think we should just have Dad make it."

"Yeah I wish we could too, but he's been busy all day, so I wanna give him a break." 

"MOMMY!" Bri runs down the stairs, sobbing and holding her arm out towards me "Lewis hit me!"

"Come here," I roll my eyes at how bad she's overreacting and reach my arms out to welcome her "Where'd he hit you?"

I "look" at her arm, not really believing anything, and see a red mark the size of her hand, not Lewis'. 

"Honey, let me see your hand.  This looks too big to be from Lewis."

"No, mommy!" She backs away slightly "He do it!"

"Sabrina Rachel..."

"What happened?" Brad walks up behind me, surprising us "Why's my princess crying?"

"Lewis hit me." She starts to fake cry "See?"

"Yeah, Lewis "hit" her." I stand between them, not believing her story at all "Lewis also grew some big hands in the last 20 minutes.  There must be some kind of miracles happening today."

Brad looks from me to Bri, knowing that no matter what side he takes, he's losing.  He reaches out for Bri, giving me a sympathetic look, and calms her down "Are you sure that he hit you?  You aren't just mad about something?"

She doesn't answer him, but just turns around and stomps away mumbling something we can't hear. 

"I thought we had at least 10 more years before that."  I sigh, turning towards Brad "I can't deal with two moody girls right now."

"It could be worse, you could have 3." Brad says, earning a death glare from me "Or not... I never said it was the end of the world."

"Nice save, dad." Luke walks by us laughing "You didn't mess that up at all."

"Yeah, good job." Ari follows. 

"Well they're in good moods." Brad looks confused "What'd you give them?"

"Just switched their waters with vodka." I joke "I'm really not sure, right before you walked in they were bitching because I'm making dinner and not you."

He walks towards the fridge laughing, probably hoping I don't notice.  

"You want anything?  I need a drink after today."

I walk over, massaging his shoulders and neck "What happened?  Asshole director?  Girlfriend leave you?"

"Hey, how'd you find out about her?  You weren't supposed to know." He turns around, wrapping his arms around my neck, kissing me "I thought I was doing good at keeping that secret."

"Mhmm, you were."  I kiss him back "I'm just an expert detective."

He pulls me over to the couch where he sets me on his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"They were late getting to set, then decided we only needed a ten minute lunch, which would be fine, but my dumbass brought food that takes 5 minutes just to be heated up."

"Aw, and now you're stuck with my shitty cooking." I start to feel bad for him for real "I would have ordered something if I knew."

"Don't worry about it.  You'll just have to make it up to me later." He smirks.

"I guess I can do that." I lean in to kiss him passionately "But, you'll have to get those little brats out of our bed."

"Don't worry about it, I got it all under control." He pulls me closer, deepening the kiss. 

"Oh my God!  You guys are so gross!" Ari walks in the living room complaining "Can't you just use your room?"

"Well, we would, but you seem to not like it much when that happens either." I sit up, fixing my shirt "You pick."

"Ughhh!" She turns around, walking back upstairs. 

"We probably should be more careful around them." I say once she's upstairs "One of these days it's going to go too far and we'll scare them."

"And?  That's their problem." He kisses my neck while pulling on my shirt, trying to explore under it "Why is this so damn tight?"

"Brad, seriously." I gently push him away "I have to go finish dinner."

"You mean you have to finish burning dinner."

I flip him off as I get to the stove to take out the garlic bread.  He follows me out, walking up the steps to get the kids. 

I set all the food on the table for everyone and get everything else set up.  Bri and Lewis run down the steps excited to eat while Ari and Luke trudge behind them with Brad not too excited about my cooking. 

"Well, it doesn't look too bad." Luke comments as he sits down "Bri, I think you should eat first since this is your favorite."

"You guys are so mean!" I get Lewis in his highchair "Making your sister try it because you think it is bad isn't cool."

"He's just playing it safe, babe." Brad walks over kissing me "He knows if she eats it, it's okay."

"Yeah, I think his idea is good." Ari agrees with them, waiting for Bri to start eating.  She takes a huge bite of her spaghetti, completely ignoring everyone else, and pushes her plate away. 

"Mommy," She looks up at me innocently "This is bad."

I look around to everyone else and they all shake their heads. 

"I'm gonna order us some pizza." Brad decides. 

"I can't believe I live with a bunch of assholes."