My Daughter

"Why can't you spend time with Luke, Bri, Lewis, and I without getting upset or having an attitude?" Brad yells.

"Because I don't have Arianna! I can't enjoy my time with the rest of you without thinking that my daughter hates me!" I walk up the stairs and slam our door.

"Well what do you want me to do about it? Your mom won't even let me near Arianna!" Brad opens the door.

"I'm not asking you to do anything Brad! Just leave me alone!" I yell.

"You're impossible!" Brad says as he slams our door shut.

That's the 2nd time we've fought today. I feel bad but I miss Arianna more. I try to build up the courage to go and talk to her but I'm afraid that she'll reject me.

"Mom!" Luke yells from behind the door.

"Come in!" I say back as I put down my phone.

Luke walks over to my bed and sits down next to me.

"I know that I complain about her all the time and I know that we act like brats when we are around each other but I really miss Ari." Luke looks like he's fighting back tears.

"I miss her too." I hug Luke and kiss his forehead.

"Can you please get her to come back?" Luke asks.

I take a deep breath and decide to face what I've been avoiding for weeks now. "Yes. I'm gonna bring her back." I say as I get up and put on a pair of shoes.

I walk downstairs and past Brad as I put my purse on my shoulder and open the door.

"Where are you going?" Brad gets up off the couch.

"I'm going to get my daughter back." I shut the door and pull out my keys to unlock the car.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Brad runs over to my car.

"No. Stay here with the kids and make sure that they don't cause trouble." I shut the door and start the car.

As I drive away, Brad gives me a thumbs up as a sign of good luck. Even though we fight and get on each other's nerves sometimes, he's my biggest supporter.

It only takes about 15 minutes to get there and suddenly I'm standing in front of the door to my mothers house, trying to get myself to ring the door bell. After standing for what seems like forever. I finally ring the doorbell and prepare myself for what's around the door.

"What Jennifer?" My mom says with disgust.

"I want to see my daughter" I put emphasis on the 'my'.

"For the last time Jennifer, she doesn't want to see you!" She goes to shut the door on me.

I'm not sure what happened but something made me push the door back open and walk inside.

"Where is she?" I wait for an answer as I look around the house.

Before she could answer, I find Ari in the living room laying on Logan's chest.

"What the hell!?" I almost yell when I see her with him. "Do you not see the problem here?!" I turn to my mom.

"You would have done the same at 17 years old!". My mom rolls her eyes.

"Probably but you wouldn't have never let me do this! The minute I brought any boy into my life, you would kick him out of it. But with her you don't care! And now that I'm acting the same way you did, it's a problem!" I say getting angrier by the second.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Logan leaving the house.

"Don't you dare come near my daughter again." I stay sternly as he closes the door.