It'll be okay

I'm out at the grocery store when I start to feel a pain in my stomach. I ignore it as I think it's just cramp.

The past few days I've been experiencing these pains but I think nothing of them as they only last for a minute. I've also been sick and have been feeling a little dizzy.

I continue to shop before the sharp pain comes again, this time lasting a lot long. I stop what I'm doing and hold my side. I quickly pay for my stuff and drive home.

I notice that Brad isn't home when I arrive. The pain won't stop so I take some tablets to try and stop it.

An hour later, I've been sick 3 times and something doesn't feel right in my stomach.

"Brad!" I yell from the bathroom in our room as soon as I hear him come home. "Quickly come here!"

He rushes into the bathroom and sees what's going on. I'm leaning over the counter, gripping onto my side and my pants are blood stained.

"Jen, what the hell is going on?" He asks, running over beside me. The look of concern on his face makes me even more scared.

"I don't know, I need to go to the hospital." I manage to get out through all the pain. He nods his head and quickly puts spare clothes into a bag and helps me out to the car.

Since the kids are all at Brad's parents house, we go straight to the hospital where they immediately take me to a room.

The doctor runs a few tests and then leaves the room for a few minutes before coming back in with a few other nurses.

"Mrs Pitt, you've suffered an ectopic pregnancy."

"She's pregnant?" Brad asks in shock.

"Yes, however there is a very high chance of the baby not surviving, I'm very sorry." He hands Brad some papers "We will try everything we can to save the baby, but there is a very low chance of survival."

I start to cry but grab hold of Brad when the pain gets stronger.

"You're going to have to have emergency laparoscopic surgery to make sure you are safe. The nurses will take you in now." The doctor tells us.

The nurses get me changed and then I go into the surgery room.

"Brad, what's happening?" I ask, panicking. With all the pain I'm not understanding much.

"You're going to have surgery," he tells me.

"I don't want to-" I start to say before the pain gets even worse. "Make it stop!"

"Jen," he looks into my eyes trying to be strong himself. "You're going to have to have surgery to make sure that you are going to be okay and that nothing will happen to you."

I can see that his heart is breaking over our unborn child and the fact that he sees how much pain I'm in but can't help me.

"Will I be okay?"

Brad nods. "Yes and I'll be right here waiting for you when you wake up, okay? I promise I won't let anything happen to you."

I nod and the nurses get everything ready and give me gas to knock me out.

I wake up an hour and a half later to see Brad sitting on the chair beside me. He's holding my hand fighting back tears.

He sees I'm awake and immediately he asks "how are you?"

I nod my head slightly. "I'm okay." I think for a while before starting to cry again. "Brad, we lost a baby,"

He reaches for my hand. "I know, it'll all be okay, I promise you." He lays beside me on the bed. "And remember, we have 3 beautiful kids at home who all make up for it."

I move in closer to him. "I'm sorry Brad, this is my fault."

"How could this possibly of been your fault?"

"I was the one who was pregnant and then lost our unborn child."

"Jen, there's nothing you could've done to prevent this! No one was at fault here, don't blame yourself." He wraps his arms around me. "I love you so much, we're going to get through this."

" I love you too," I say before falling asleep.

I get out of the hospital 2 days later, the doctor told me that I had to rest. I still need to rest, so Brad is taking off from filming for a little. Brad's parents drop the kids.

"Mom, are you okay? What happened?" Ari asks, running over to hug me. I wince in pain as she throws herself onto me. "I'm sorry, did I hurt you?"

"It's okay honey, Luke do you and your sister want to sit down?" I say, Brad takes Bri upstairs for a nap before coming back down and sitting next to me.

"Your mom has had an ectopic pregnancy," Brad says, he sees that the kids are confused so he continues. "She was pregnant, something went wrong and the baby started to grow in her Fallopian tubes, it's supposed to grow in her ovaries. Your mom had to go for emergency surgery and the baby didn't survive."

The kids look over at me as I start to cry. They both softly hug me.

"I'm sorry mom," Luke says.

"It's okay, buddy," I manage a smile "we have you, Bri and Ari and you're the best kids we could ever ask for."

"I love you mom, everything will be okay." Ari smiles.

I smile back at her. "I know, I love you too honey."